HELP - advice on Hairtransplants - is it worth it?!

i dont see new thread box anywhere all i see is post reply in the top left hand corner

That's because you are already in a thread. You have to go into the appropriate forum where you can see a number of thread titles and then click on the new thread button.

Granted, I only have your profile picture to go on but I find it difficult to believe that anyone would tell you that 2500 grafts would be sufficient for your case much less 1500 grafts. Why? Because you are essentially a NW7 and 2500 grafts would do squat for your degree of hair loss and would essentially be a waste of time.

Would you mind sharing with us who these two clinics in western Canada are? Also, are you on Propecia?

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Granted, I only have your profile picture to go on but I find it difficult to believe that anyone would tell you that 2500 grafts would be sufficient for your case much less 1500 grafts. Why? Because you are essentially a NW7 and 2500 grafts would do squat for your degree of hair loss and would essentially be a waste of time.

Would you mind sharing with us who these two clinics in western Canada are? Also, are you on Propecia?

Jotronic out of curiousity I went on the HairClub website just to see what doctors are available. There is only one- Dr. Bruce Allan located in Calgary. Apparently is a gynecologist too.

This wouldn't be my first choice for a surgeon to be sure.

No-one appears to have touched on this yet, so I'll add the extra info.

newguy: For hair like yours, you probably need about 6000-7000 grafts to cover the head. This should be your long term goal. Every action you take should keep in mind where you want to be in the future, because once you've started there isn't any turning back.

Getting on meds right now is the best thing you can be doing whilst you consider what to do regarding the HT. You might find that shaving your head works out to be the better option.