Transplanted control??

To the HT veterans, can you talk to the nature of the transplanted hair and what if any methods of control will be required?

That is, will the transplanted hair grow in the same direction as surrounding non-transplanted hair or will some topical treatment (e.g., gel) be required to maintain control?

I have fine hair (wispy in nature) but all i've ever used and needed was water to maintain control. Not talking outdoors in the wind and elements, but indoors. Ok, water is temporary so i'd have to replenish, but it's not like my hair was naturally all over the place.

Will my water routine be enough for the expectations cited above?

Any/all opinions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

eyeblion

Edited by eyeblion
spelling error. . .

The hairs that are transplanted are angled at certain directions to mimic your natural look. This is where the surgeons and technicians skill comes into play. Your hair should react similarly like before, so water should be fine or perhaps some wax, gel etc may help out if you need it.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

If carried out by a good surgeon, the transplanted hairs will grow in the same direction as the surrounding native hair. Therefore you shouldn't need to give it any special treatment to control it.

The only thing I would point out is that transplanted hair can be a bit unruly when it is newly grown. After the hairs have all sprouted, patients often see continuing improvements to the texture even after the 12 month mark has been reached. You'll hear people speak of the hair "maturing" and this can be the last part of the post-transplant process to occur.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com