Dr. Konior - Hair Transplant Bio and Procedure

DonKing

Greetings community. I am a 25 year-old male who has been dealing with the balding process since I was 18. Male pattern baldness is extremely common in my family (father, uncle and grandfather all fully bald in late 20's) and it seemed inevitable that I was on the same path. I began to see my receding hairline take shape in my late teens/early 20's. As I was very self-conscious about this issue I immediately sought products like Rogaine and other herbal pills. When I knew that I could not deal with the oily process of Rogaine I began taking Propecia when I was 20 and I am still using to date. While my receding hairline is deep and noticeable, there is no doubt that the Procecia has slowed this process and also prevented any major thinning behind my hairline. I can honestly say that without starting Propecia at such an early age I would be much worse off that I am today. As I mentioned, this whole process was very sensitive to me, and I began researching hair restoration over 5 years ago. At the time I was still skeptical and unsure if I was ready to take on this procedure at such an early age. I actually sent photos to Dr. Konior's office when I was 21 and was given immediate feedback. At the time I was informed that my best option was to take some time as I was still very young and it would be beneficial to establish some progress with the Propecia. Over the next few years I used cosmetic products Cuvre and Toppik to conceal my receding hairline. While this was a daily time commitment, I was able to maintain a young and natural look that went pretty much undetectable to close family and friends. I am aware that this cosmetic solution does not work for everyone, but for me it was a tremendous success. I am going to be posting pictures of my receding hairline through my transplant procedure, however I will see if I can post some of my normal pictures in case anyone is curious about the cosmetic look (Along with the transplant procedure, if the cosmetic portion is something that you are curious about, have any questions, or would like to see more pictures, please do not hesitate to email me).

I decided this year that I wanted to investigate hair transplantation further, and I eventually scheduled a consultation with Dr. Konior. Let it be known that while this is my first time posting on this blog, I referenced the 'Hair transplant Network' countless times over the passed few years, and I know for a fact that I would not have been able to make this final decision without this website, so thanks to all.

During my consultation Dr. Konior I discussed my expectations and the realistic possibilities given my hairline and donor region. I was very lucky: One, because I had been on Propecia for many years and already slowed the balding process. Two, given my heritage, I have an extremely healthy donor area with very dense grafts. Three, I was willing to fix and even out my established receding hairline, instead of trying to achieve a lower hairline that I had at a younger age. I truly appreciated this consultation because Dr. Konior approached every question and comment with a realistic and honest answer. Any skepticism someone might have about being taken advantage of during this process needs to completely throw that thought out the window when you are dealing with Dr. Konior. This doctor is has a true passion for what he does and made me feel very comfortable and knowledgeable of all aspects of this procedure.

I cannot even begin to sing enough praises in regards to Dr. Konior and his staff up to the date and the actual day of my procedure. Everyone at this office goes above and beyond to make sure you know that you are their number one priority. I was scheduled for 2000 grafts (Do to my donor region having great density, I ended up receiving a generous amount of extra grafts, and mostly because Dr. Konior is an artist at what he does and he wanted to perform what he thought would be the most optimal outcome. I do not want to endorse that receiving extra grafts happens in every case, however I do want to note that this is another example of the generosity and care that Dr. Konior's practice exemplifies). As such, this was a full day procedure, and I am not sure how it works with other doctors but I was the ONLY patient that day. Dr. Konior and his staff did not take any breaks to leave the room for someone else's needs. I was attended to at all times, which made for an extremely relaxing and comfortable procedure (a few tablets of volume also helped with that). I could not be more pleased with my decision to go ahead with the procedure, and even more content that I chose to do it with Dr. Konior. I will post before and after pictures and up-to-date photos as hopefully my hair decides to grow in. Please contact me with any questions or concerns that relate to my story or any thing else that might relate to information on this blog. Thanks

** I will have photo's uploaded to go along with post soon.

- DonKing (went with the ultimate head of hair for my title)

DonKing,

If anyone can give you DonKing hair, it's Dr. Konior :-).

Seriously though, Dr. Konior is one of the most attentive, passionate, and thorough hair restoration physicians I've ever met. He'd spend an entire day with one hair loss sufferer to educate them on every aspect of hair restoration and what to expect even if he knew the guy wasn't a candidate or was going with another physician.

I know you said you'd post photos soon. I look forward to seeing them and then following your transformation :-).

Heal and grow well my friend,

Bill

Im really beginning to like what I hear regarding Dr Konior. What with Konior and Panine in the Chicago area, it is really pushing to be the forefront location for some of the best HT surgeons around!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks for sharing your experience DonKing. It was a pleasure to read... Keep us updated as often as you like icon_smile.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

I can't believe I am about 2 weeks away from my procedure with Dr Konior. Any tips Don King? I first met with Dr Konior 2 years ago but due to work and other things, have not been able to schedule the procedure till now. I am getting pretty anxious. The time has flew by since I first made the appointment. I have been meaning to register on this site but have not got around to it till now. I have been a lurker here on and off for over 2 years now. I had an appointment with Bosley setup and decided to google around before I went and found this site. Thank god I did. After spending many hours on a Sunday reading a lot here, I canceled my appointment with Bosley and setup a consultation with Dr Konior, and 2 years later here I am. I will post more and create a profile and blog later. I am getting pretty damn nervous right now. Of course the mind likes to think of worst case scenarios, but I feel pretty good about going with Dr Konior based on the results I have seen and things I have read. Anyway, this is my first post and I will try to give some more info about me and my situation over the next few days.

Louie, I apologize for the delay, works been keeping me around the clock. I know the feeling of anxiousness and excitement you are going through right now, and the way it sounds, I was in your exact situation. I poked around on this site for a long time always kind of unsure and never really thought I would ever pull the trigger. After much deliberation and convincing from this site that I had one of the best doctors in my hometown I decided to schedule a consultation with Dr. Konior. Let me tell you straight up, with this doctor you have nothing to be nervous about. I am so pleased with my decision thus far (Only a month after procedure so more excited for the end result), but believe me you made a life altering decision by switching from Bosely to Dr. Konior. I know the anticipation is tremendous, so if you would like to ask any questions shoot on here or if you want to discuss anything more specific, you can shoot to my email connected to my hairtransplant.site 3timmy46@gmail.com. If I don't here from you, good luck, but you won't need it because you in the best surgeons hands. Check out my site

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...-page.asp?WebID=1467

Hey thanks for the reply. No problem with your late reply, mine is late too now. Ya I have been busy with work and preparing for the big day next week. Making sure there is nothing I need to do or worry about for a couple weeks, so I can just relax and heal. I will send you an email to the address you gave.