Post HT Surgery

Hi ,

Is it adviceable to use product like Toppik to cover the transplanted area after HT Surgery. If so, after how many days of surgery we can apply this , also will there be any impact on hair growth due to this application in the grafted area?

Please advice,

You should not use any cosmetic products on the recipient site until all of your scabs have fallen off, which is typically 8-10 days after surgery. If you start applying these products earlier they can get stuck within the scabs and possibly cause your grafts to not grow properly. I also advice people to not use these products too liberally as some people really "cake" it on and that has shown to cause issues with growth as well. So you can apply it by wait about 2 weeks after surgery to apply it, and when you do apply make sure it's not over doing it.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I'm currently 2 weeks post op and have tried Toppik, but at this point it actually looks better without as the hairs are too short for the toppik to look natural.

Actually I've found the oposite of most reccomend working best on me. I use Courve on the recepient area to make the contrast between scalp and hairs as little as possible and I use Toppik using a spray applicator over the donor scar. That works pretty well for me.