Norwood 5, too late to start Finasteride?

saska1209

It really depends on how much miniaturized or dormant hair you have. Post a photo that should give us some indication of what your chances are, but I have seen 5As with a lot of miniaturized hairs and then use the medication and see a significant cosmetic improvement.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

If you start with finasteride, better also start with minoxidil. They work well together and might be able to "wake up" some of your lost hair. Good luck!

This is true. It has been know to cause a synergistic effect. However, if you really only wanna use one medication it will be better to start them at different times. Probably around 6 months apart. So that way you will know which one is actually doing a better job. As for me, I just wanted max protection from the get go so I started taking the big 3 together and never looked back!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

This is true. It has been know to cause a synergistic effect. However, if you really only wanna use one medication it will be better to start them at different times. Probably around 6 months apart. So that way you will know which one is actually doing a better job. As for me, I just wanted max protection from the get go so I started taking the big 3 together and never looked back!

Minoxidil, Finasteride and what's the third one you mean?