Pittsburgh PA Doctors

chris2010

Chris,

The American Medical Association (AMA) is a political action group, responsible for acting as a mediator between physician rights/privileges and politics in Washington DC. Essentially, they are a very large lobbying group.

Although they have many responsibilities, maintaining quality control and certifying/regulating physicians is not one of them. This is a job that falls upon specialty colleges like the American Academy of Dermatology, the American College of Surgeons, etc. In fact, any physician or medical student can pay a fee and sign up for AMA membership; it is not an indicator of quality or assurance.

However, certain groups, like the Hair Transplant Network, do take the time to review and screen physicians for quality, and that's why I still highly recommend utilizing one of our approved hair transplant surgeons.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...

New York has some good surgeons. They are listed on this site.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Is True in NY good? Dr. Williams seems great, he's who I may go with. I talked to Charles from Florida but his work doesn't look too good and he said I may be only able to shave my head down to a 3 or 4 when i get my haircut and I'm like no thanks! I like Ron Shapiro, but I want to talk to him and not his sales guy.

Dr True and Dorin are very good. Not sure about Williams. I understand what you are saying about Shapiro, but he is very busy and pays Matt to do his consults. He will answer you emails tho.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

When dealing with HT's...distance really shouldn't be a deciding factor. I originally thought I would just stay local but this is a permanent thing and if you just stay "local" and don't vet the top HT docs you could end up with a bad result and believe me at that point you will travel anywhere in the world to fix it! So keep vetting the top docs on this site...in addition to the doc's you mentioned try Dr. Rahal and Hasson and Wong...they are also 2 of the top docs. I had my surgery done with Dr. Rahal. True and Dorin are good too...I had a few consults with them. Dr. Williams I never heard of before and/or don't know much about him. You seem to be new so keep researching as this isn't something you can decide with a little research done...keep doing your due diligence and the right surgeon will be easier to find!

Hi i was wondering if you have a medical background or any of the other main members of this site do?

Can you give me the names of everyone in charge on this website?

Chris, all this information is pretty public.

Furthermore, while I am currently a medical student, our site (and it's owners, managers, and moderators) are not here to provide an expert medical opinion by any means (I cannot stress this enough).

If you'd like to discuss this further, please feel free to send me a private message.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hello Chris

I understand your initial concerns of wanting to speak with the doctor and not go through the consultant, I personally would feel the same way.

Dr Shapiro would be happy to speak with you specifically, however, we have set up a protocol to provide the best over all service for the inquiring patient and the office. It is very helpful that the doctor is aware that the patient has a strong understanding of the procedure and the principles of transplantation, prior to speaking with them. I am available to provide that undividied attention, where it is very difficult for the doctor, with procedures that last 8-10 hours. We can move through this fairly quickly. From there a phone or in house appointment, with the doctor can be set up. This process has worked fairly well over the last 22 years. Whatever you chose to do is fine, there are other fine physicians in the industry.

Regards, and Merry Christmas

Matt

Edited by Zup

Patient Educator, Shapiro Medical. Going on 20years with Dr Ron Shapiro......not a regular poster, I leave that to Janna

• 1 year later...

Had procedure December 2011 with Dr Haber.

Extremely pleased with the procedure and the results.

Felt no pain and had no post operative issues.

Would highly recommend him.

I had 3 plug procedure at Cleveland hair clinic in 1985. Dr Haber

fixed the plug look. Also, transplanted area or harvest area

Is fix from previous procedures.

Big decision on whether to have procedure done, Dr Haber good choice if you

decide to move forward.:):)