How to Perform Scalp Exercises Before Hair Transplant Surgery by Dr. Mohebi

Sorry but you're doing it wrong. The portion of the video where the sides are being done have the contact points too low above the ears.

This is the method that has been used in Dr. Mohebi's published research showing that the scalp exercise can really improve the mobility of scalp. As far as I know no one else has done any research to prove the relationship between scalp exercise and improved mobility of scalp!!!

Steven

Employee of US Hair Restoration

(The dude in the video as well)

Parsa Mohebi, M.D.

Medical Director of

Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration

Dr. Parsa Mohebi is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Joe

The palms of your hands are supposed to be on the big bone part of the side of your head right?

What you see is what Dr. Mohebi requires of all his patients!!

Steven

Employee of US Hair Restoration

(The dude in the video as well)

Parsa Mohebi, M.D.

Medical Director of

Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration

Dr. Parsa Mohebi is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Logically, the area of contact is the area that is being "stretched". In this video the point of contact is too low above the ears and hopefully is not indicative of where the donor strip is taken (or should be taken). The point of contact in this video is an area that can be subject to retrograde alopecia thus the safe donor zone is higher.

I think it's great that Dr. Mohebi has published research on this as this only further validates what we've been saying for years but putting the concept on paper does not mean it is being done correctly. We're the ones that introduced this concept to begin with and it was introduced over ten years ago. There are many posts on the subject on this very forum going back many years as well. I put the first video on the subject on Youtube over five years ago with an updated version uploaded over one year ago. In fact is is my version, with my photos, that I first uploaded to the web about 8 years ago that are being used by other clinics to show patients how to perform the exercises. Published or not I know what I'm talking about.

Edited by Jotronic

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hello JoTronic,

I do understand your point. My reply to your concern is that the hands do cover a wide surface area which does include the area where the strip is taken. Even in the process of filming our laxometer video, my laxity continued to increase, and there was no intentional scalp exercises during that time since I am not scheduled to have the procedure just yet. Have a great day and good luck on all your endeavors!

Steven