New HT at Dr farjo's

eastman

Hi all,

had my first HT this week at Dr farjo's clinic in Manchester,

Long thought out process before deciding as my main problem is my crown area which results can be a bit hit and miss and to be fair this has been explained to me.

I had 2700 grafts and got a few extra than the original 2500 so a few went in the near front which as a bonus.

I have to say that the clinc experience was very good, felt very well looked after throughout whole day.

2 day post op pic attached.

IMG_6696.thumb.JPG.5a1ec8d59ff45f9e82b4b9cfac231788.JPG

Eastman,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with the Farjo clinic. I trust it will turn out great.

I encourage you to create a patient website to share your photos and experience. You can then attach a link to your website to your forum signature. For instructions on creating your own website and linking it to your signature, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

I've read on many forums that if you decide to have a HT theres one thing you should never do and thats have one in the UK, I've read many posts of terrible stories from well know UK HT doctors, which always angered me because despite having the money to have one the idea of travelling 1/2 round the world on my own has put me off, I know travel should never be a reason to have one or not but thats the reason I never had one. Some stories on here make me think that maybe fargo isnt too bad. But I have to say the results I've seen compared to US or canadian doctors IMO aren't as good. I dont want to offend anyone thats just my opinion.

What do other people think, did the ones who went to fargo consider going abroad as the doctors in the US and Canada are considered the best.

thanks very much.

Hi- I am not sure what your opinion is really based upon as Dr Farjo has an excellent reputation that is clearly known now, His work is generally accepted as on a par with the USA and Canadian surgeons, He is considered the best in the UK by many observers.

He has many happy clients some are on this forum who would agree that his work is very good.

For every good/bad procedure case in the uk there are simalar stories that will no doubt come from the USA/Canada also. It is worth remembering that by the whole defintion of this procedure that results will vary from client to client irrespective of the Surgeon.

caggy,

The dogma you are regurgitating is extremely old news that was proven false years ago. While I can't speak for all surgeons in the UK, The Farjo clinic in particular uses today's state of the art ultra refined hair transplant techniques and produces consistent dense and natural looking results. This is why Dr. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo have been approved for the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. To see our demanding standards for the Coalition, click here. But don't just take my word for it. You can see dozens of examples of their ultra refined results on this forum and on their Coalition profiles.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for the reply. I have seen the pictures on the farjo site and have to say some do look decent, but a lot I dont think look good especially compared to other surgeon pictures. I'm not saying farjo isnt good they seem to be the best in the UK.

But isnt the main view thesedays that the UK although improving isnt as good as the US, the pictures I've seen from feller, hasson & wong etc seem to bear that view out.

BTW I'm not saying the US doesnt have its fair share of poor doctors but I'm taking about comparing the best in the UK with the best in the US.

But isnt the main view thesedays that the UK although improving isnt as good as the US, the pictures I've seen from feller, hasson & wong etc seem to bear that view out.

I think it depends what in your opinion constitutes a "main view". I think the above statement is a matter of opinion. While some would agree with you, others like me would argue that the Farjo clinic is doing work on par with the leading surgeons in the United States and Canada.

Since the Hair Transplant Network is the most prominent, credible, and popular hair restoration community on the web - transparently prescreening and recommending physicians based on high standards, I would argue that it's our community that holds the "main view". No other hair loss community has such a transparent prescreening process nor has any of them traveled around the globe visiting with and observing clinics in live surgery to verify they are using today's state of the art techniques. See "Pat's Visit to the Farjo Clinic in the UK". Also, see our "Visits to Leading Hair Transplant Clinics" forum for our Publisher Patrick Hennessey's review of dozens of leading clinics all over the globe.

Overall, I would agree that the majority of quality physicians are based in the United States and Canada. But the Farjo clinic is certainly a diamond in the rough in the UK, just as other leading clinics in Europe stand out among the pack like Dr. Devroye, Dr. Feriduni, and Dr. Kulahci.

Best wishes,

Bill