Toppik and concealing stapled donor area less than 2 weeks post-op

N-6

Has anyone used this with any success? I'm aware of dermamatch but wanted to know if anyone has used Toppik or Nanogen to conceal donor area. I'll be returning to work soon and the hair in the donor area won't be enough to cover staples and scar. Thanks!

If you have staples and/or sutures in then you have open wounds - so no go with the concealer for the first two weeks. After the sutures are removed then give the wound at least a week to heal up more. Then dermmatch would be a good concealer for the donor scar. Toppik or nanogen would be difficult to apply due to the angle.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I have dissolvable sutures and staples. Once the donor area is closed via sutures and staples, I'm not sure if that's still considered an open wound, especially 9 days out. The angle will be tough for toppik but maybe the spray applicator can help. I also read couvre is good for donor area. No concealers though for recipient area, I'm scared it could give me less yield.

• 2 months later...