Just had FUE, extremely worried about graft survival

Hi everyone,

I had FUE surgery last week (Monday). I had almost 1000 grafts put into my hairline and temple points.

My donor healed very quickly and its undetectable now.

However, I am really worried about the recipient site. Many of the grafts have fallen out of the temple points causing me to believe that something has gone wrong as shedding isn't suppose to happen this early. It honestly looks like nothing has even been done on the temple points now, there is just the pinkness of where the grafts used to be.

None of the grafts that shed had blood accompanied with it. Just a white sheath. Some didn't have the sheath.

I haven't lost many grafts in the hairline, but I have lost some there.

I was prepared for this surgery. I did my research, I knew what to expect and when. But this I have not read about. Is it possible to shed grafts 4, 5, 6 days out?. Most of them came out after I showered (following the instructions).

Anyway, any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Edited by doejohn

The grafts were not dislodged since after 4-5 days, if they were, the site would bleed quite a bit and you would know it. I have read many cases on here over the years where grafts have shed after a few days. Try not to worry. I believe that you are fine.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

It is possible to have the very trimmed single hair follicular unit grafts shed earlier that the other grafts. If you saw the grafts in place after the procedure and there was never nay bleeding from the area it is very unlikely that you lost any grafts. Try to stop worrying and think positive.

hi,

as far as i remember, there was a discussion about the time it takes to shed after a ht in the german forum, i am member of, too. It was reported very often, that the patients who had (extremelly) early shedding like you, had fast regrow and very good mid-results at 6 months. of course this is no scientific arguement or something, but this is what we experienced in many cases on the german board.

good for you.

so there is absolutely no cause to be worried for you.

by the way, i experienced the ost of 1 graft after the 1st day of my hair transplant (doctor replaced it). there is real (!) bleeding. if there is no bleeding, you haven`t lost a graft for sure.

just relax, good growth to you,

logo77

Edited by logo77