Are hair transplants also able to be done on the crown?

Absolutely. You usually see people only do the frontal region because they do not have enough donor to effectively cover that area, but there are others who have enough donor to cover the crown as well as the front. Replenishing the crown requires many grafts and sometimes people must use their donor hairs efficiently and sometimes that means only working on the frontal and top rather than the crown.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hey bud

Yes transplants can be done in the crown and ,like the poster has said , sometimes you have to have more grafts to add the illusion of density , done correctly by a top surgeon hairlines look great and dense due to the illusion of how the grafts are placed like bricks in a house over layed , so when looking straight at them they look thicker because the hairs are layered , like below ....

. _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

. _ _ _ _ _

Then as you look straight at the fringe from eye level the work looks denser due to layering , even with dense packing , many guys check out a crown from a higher angle and this always looks thinner , if you check out a crown from eye level it too will follow the rules , it will look thicker , but directly from the top will look thinner , however so will a hair line .

Also the area of the crown is usually larger in respect of getting the coverage , from the front a hair line , from temple to temple is usually narrower than the crown area , I hope you understand what I'm trying to describe here .

Our donor is finite , it will run out so careful planning is required before even entering the doctors chair , most average guys have between 6000 and 7000 grafts that can be used , some then move onto FUE fromw the sides , again this wshould only be be used with a plan , when these are exhausted , game over !

I have posted my a link to my most recent update and my original blog from 2007 , please take a look

Hair Restoration Site for richie48

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/163760-dr-feller-uk-patient-richie48-2100-crown-grafts-2007-2011-brand-new-update.html

I hope that helps

richie

Edited by richie48

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

As well as what has already been said, it's also the case that many guys simply care more about how their hairline looks than they do their crown. Their hairline is something they see every time they look in the mirror and it's the part of them that others see during face-to-face encounters. On top of that, for many men who suffer from hairloss, the crown is an area that can stay intact for longer while the frontal region thins and recedes. Many patients just don't have significant loss at the crown.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 4 weeks later...

The other thing, at least in my case, is that if you have some thinning on the crown but you do have some hair there, it is very easy to use concealers in that area. If you are thinning or losing hair on your hairline, it is much harder to use the concealers in that area. I'm hoping once I get my HT to restore my hairline, I'll have a look of a full head of hair after a use a little bit of Toppik.