question regarding Hairline repair

Hello to all,

I have been on other forums in the past (years ago) and I have been a lurker on this forum for the past year or so.

I am 34, soon to be 35 early this up coming year. I had a 3000 or so FUE done to improve my midscalp and hairline in 2008. I am not happy with my results and my hairline was lowered and after i was reassured it wouldn't be. I really don't want to talk about that experience because I will just get worked up.

Basically I was left with a bumpy hairline and not so great yield. The skin in my hairline is bumpy and slightly raised. After consulting with a couple docs they told me it's from dense packing and I have what is called a hypertrophic scar. I have had this hairline scar injected with steroids a few times over the past 2 years will little success.

I am able to hide my concerns as I have grown my hair out but my hairline scar and low hairline bother me. I think about it constantly.

I have been seeing highly regarded doc over the past 18 months and we discussed taking a extreme approach. Basically will be doing a forehead lift or modified brow lift with pretrichal closure and recycling the those hairs into the midscalp..this might be 800-1100 grafts. In theory this will remove the hypertrophic scar and move my hairline to a higher more appropiate place and still be able to recycle those grafts.

I have never come across anyone doing such a procedure and it worries me to think I might have a visible scar at my hairline. Has anyone any knowlege on this matter?

Thanks.

front.jpg.896651b60bde67da807d33df6d86cbf0.jpg

right.jpg.a0c58bb91fc768a451dd0fae00355097.jpg

top.jpg.31d25955e798332241de3c68a8d5afc7.jpg

5b32d0563364b_fronthairline.JPG.d5e463460bb71385b5bcae2f645eeb82.JPG

5b32d05656e16_lefthairline.JPG.7753eb1127bdca11c023b5aeb603e2f0.JPG

5b32d0566e4aa_righthairline.jpg.773263243961e5434ff189d630ff61fa.jpg

Edited by AppleJacks77
add pictures

i seen a case like yours done by ron shapiro and it was excellent,since i cant post links here search this into google...'resection and grafting to hairline dr ron shapiro' it will bring you onto another forum called hairloss experiences,i have also seen a case done by dr hasson it was excellent too..

Who did you consult with?

I don't know where you are located, but Dr. Kabaker in Oakland, CA. is outstanding in these types of cases involving hairline lowering/raising.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Thanks for the response guys!

I completely trust my physician (Konior) but I still wanted to see examples of this procedure in people in my situation. From my understanding this procedure is like having a brow lift (without actually moving the brows) which is done commonly.

Thanks Mars, that is pretty much the procedure I would be having. I am suprised not to come across more repair cases like this, although I can appreciate how people would be apprehensive due to the scar at the headline.