Hello All, Introducing myself.

Greetings everyone!

My name is Seth and I've decided I am going to have the procedure done in Jan. '12. I have not been to see a doctor yet, but I will perform my due diligence. I am blessed financially so cost is not a concern. I am inserting a few pics of my current hair loss below to see what you all think. I welcome all comments, suggestions, and concerns. I would really really appreciate them.

Thanks,

Seth

hair1.jpg.0b54b5c01b0b93d9e9ffcc7ab0e27e2b.jpg

hair2.jpg.e41b4b7e1fbc50ebaf92acb86fcd584a.jpg

hair3.jpg.851cdb0935e054bc1c91fee937b822b2.jpg

hair4.jpg.8b6b30f9abdbc2f4ed4a0addf539318b.jpg

Seth,

Welcome to the forum. Based on the photos I see that you are going toward a very high norwood stage possibly a 7 and it seems at the very least a 6. You seem to be thinning at the sides as well, which can limit the amount of donor hair you can use. You should take this one step at a time, and the first step in your case should be to use medication such as rogaine foam or propecia or both in conjuction to help stop any further hair loss and also giving yourself the chance of regrowing dormant/miniaturized hairs. You should use these medications for at least 1 year and then reevaluate with a recommended surgeon from this site to determine the next steps. If the medication stops further hairloss, you could do a procedure but it will most likely need to be on the conservative side because of possibility of losing additional hair behind the transplanted hairs, and the overall number of grafts you have available to use (which again I think is on the below average side). Definitely consult with a recommended surgeon about this, and try the meds first before any surgical options.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I agree with the above. Unless you've already done a lot of research before signing up here, it's probably best to put off surgery for a while until you get up to speed on the subject. January is not very far away. Many surgeons will already be solidly booked through that month.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Agreed with the above but I see that the back of your donor region is also thinner than average. In other words, you don't have a lot of donor hair but you certainly have a lot of loss. I think that you are a marginal candidate at best and you should really consider the alternative of simply shaving first to see how you like it. Money may not be an issue but no amount of money can change your starting point characteristics, which isn't great at this point.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians