Silicone gel on mature scars

Does anybody have an opinion or knowledge of silicone gels on older scars. I have been told that scars fade over time but for me the redness just isnt subsiding. Was thinking of applying a silicone gel on the scar to try and get it to fade. Any Dr.s out there using this or recommend it? Would I just be wasting my money? Was going to see a dermatologist but want an unbiased opinion..

I am normally a fast healer, so this scar issue is quite annoying!!!!

How long ago did you have your procedure? I do not think silicone get will do the trick. You may end up needing some mild steroid injections to get some improvement of the scar. There are some new aloe products that may also be of benefit.

Thanks for your reply Dr. My initial procedure was over 3 years ago. I have had 2 FUE's into the scar. The scar never faded from the initial procedure. Its wierd because its not a bad scar (width wise) its just very pink. If I could get it to be more like my skin color, I think with FUE grafts growing, it could be undetectable. At this stage would steroid injections harm the FUE grafts? Do you think I should try aloe topically? I have never done anything to the scar but keep it clean.. Thanks again Dr...

Also, I have never had any issues with bad scarring.. My other scars throughout my life have healed fine