Continue Finasteride or not ??

rvenkat

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for some advice.

I have been on Finasteride (Finax, 1mg everyday) since March,2011(around 8 months). After i started finax i noticed watery semen and reduced semen volume after 2-3 months . But still continued taking the tablet, thinking it would take sometime for my body to adjust and would return to normal with continued usage. But now even after 8 months i still have the above issues and sometimes cannot even get an erection.

Coming to my Hair loss, the hairline is still receding slowly, though the no of hairs falling daily has reduced, i still see some miniaturized hairs falling say 5 to 10 hairs daily from all over the head.

My question is should i still continue taking Finax 1mg daily for some more months and see whether things return to normal or should i play around taking 1 mg M-W-F and see whether things return to normal or should i completely stop taking Finasteride and go with Topical solutions ?

Please help me with your suggestions.

Thanks,

venkat

Edited by rvenkat
NA

I would suggest speaking to your doctor first about the side effects. A lot of times using half a dosage a day or 0.5 milligrams can still stabilize your hair loss (but unlikely to regrow anything), but the chances of having the side effects diminish significantly. It's better to take half a dosage daily then skipping days. If it still persists after that, I would stop and only use rogaine foam.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hey man,

I started proscar 1.25mg april this year. Had the some sides but nearly all gone now. They disappeared after I accidentally doubled my dosage for a day which caused testicular ache as well as an pain near the nipple. When I went back to normal dosage the next day everything was great. Only thing left is an absence of morning wood/

I've seen a small amount of regrowth (received comments about it even) along the hairline, but worried I'm undergoing a small shed at the moment. My hair is quite untidy now so its hard to tell. Unless the sides hit me very hard I'll give it minimum a year. I'd suggest you stick do that too. If u can, give it a year, then you'll know if it can help u or not

Thehairupthere, Thanks for the advice. Will consult my doctor as you said.

limit, Thanks for sharing your experience. My sides are not that severe but yes there is definitely a difference in pre and post finasteride experience. Will check with the doctor once and see how it goes.