Scar problem two years on.

Hi all,

I had a 3000 FUT two years ago with Dr Feriduni and it was a great success. All was going really well until about a week and a half ago when I started getting a feeling of irriatation in my scar. It has gradually gotten worse. It is not painful as such but a little sore. It is like I can feel my scar most of the day. The area is sensitive and a little itchy. It felt a little like it was after getting the staples out. I got my brother to look at it and he said that there is no visible redness and it looked ok to him.

Could it be scar stretching. Is that possible two years on?

I contacted Dr Feriduni's office today and spoke to one of his assistants. He spoke to Dr Feriduni and came back to me to advise that anything I was feeling should not be connected to the surgery and it is best to see my GP. If I am not happy after that then to call them again.

Am contacting my GP tomorrow to make an appointment but would appreciate your advice as I would like to put my mind at rest. I know it is impossible to say without seeing but any general advice/ideas on my problem would be very helpful. I would be very interested to hear from someone who has experienced something similiar!!

Thanks,

Dub

Hi all,

Could it be scar stretching. Is that possible two years on?

Dub

Have you taken any pictures of your scar in the last year? It seems doubtful that your scar is actually stretching. I can't say we've gotten any feedback of patients saying their scar started to hurt or that it stretched two years after surgery. Hope it all works out.

Hi Janna,

Thank you for your prompt reponse and good wishes. I am comforted to hear that stretching does not seem to be an issue two years on. I am going to post one or two pics tomorrow as don't have my camera to hand.

Am wondering could there be some sort of infection? This to me seems unlikely also.

Issues with scars generally occur during first 6 months after surgery. And some patients within the second 1/2 of their first year. Yes, it would be highly unusual for infections to be dormant for this long so that would be a long shot. I was just speaking with Dr. Paul Shapiro regarding your concern. Even though it's unlikely and it's rare for you to have an issue, he mentioned that because scar tissue is not same as normal tissue that the possiblity could be due to diet - not producing enough collagen or if you're real active and put extra stress on the scar. Whatever your doctor finds, hope you're able to get it resolved.