I'm only 19 and im going bald at the crown.

Hi fellow friends,

I am here today because i'm desperate and depressed about my situation.Ever since I had my ets surgery, I have been suffering from many side effects including cs,frey and others.The one that is really causing me to be really depressed and feelling like giving up my life is my hair loss. I'm only 19 and I am losing all of my hair from the crown of my head where my dad and my brother have no hair loss-my dad only when he was in his 40s.

Ets surgery is actually a surgery for sweaty palms and im 19 and going bald. I'm losing my hair from ONLY the crown of head when I bathe and my crown area is going bald. I really don't know what to do, I have been using regaine a minoxidil solution and I went to see a dermatologist. But really she just instant diagnosed with that common male pattern baldness? But how can it be my brother has no problem with his hair? And my dad? He only started losing hair when he was in his 40s. I have a strong feeling that my surgery is causing this as it is stated in one of it's side effect?

Can anyone help me please, i am begging you. I need some guidance from anywhere. Thank you so much in advnace really,

Yours faithfully,

A****L

It's certainly possible that hair loss can skip generations so you may have other people in your family that have lost hair, it's not always true that if your father or brother had hair that you will as well. I'm not extremely familiar with the ETS procedure but I have heard of some people complaining about hair loss, this could be due to changes in blood flow to that area. I would try and seek a different dermatologist and see what they have to say. Also I would recommend staying on the rogaine foam and possibly adding finasteride as well. I don't believe that you are candidate for transplanting at this point, since you're very young, but also because there's a chance the blood flow in the area is not great which can result in poor yield of the grafts. I suggest doing some more research into what's really going on.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I was in your situation at 19 with a thinning crown,i started using rogaine 5% and it worked a charm,i had not lost much hair in the crown just the centre of the swirl was a bit thin,this yr aged 25 my crown is perfect still i do take propecia now too .5mg three times a week as in insurance policy we'll call it,im 26 now,i would reccomend you use roagine foam 5% for a 6months if this doesnt do anything start on a low dose of propecia like me.This worked 100% for me so maybe it will for you,goodluck

It's certainly possible that hair loss can skip generations so you may have other people in your family that have lost hair, it's not always true that if your father or brother had hair that you will as well. I'm not extremely familiar with the ETS procedure but I have heard of some people complaining about hair loss, this could be due to changes in blood flow to that area. I would try and seek a different dermatologist and see what they have to say. Also I would recommend staying on the rogaine foam and possibly adding finasteride as well. I don't believe that you are candidate for transplanting at this point, since you're very young, but also because there's a chance the blood flow in the area is not great which can result in poor yield of the grafts. I suggest doing some more research into what's really going on.

Oh thank you so much for your reply and omg I hope i am not so unlucky. Yes! I went to a dermatologist and I guess she wasn't really interested in my situation as she did not run any tests or much but just examined my head and immediately diagnosed it as male pattern baldnesss??????? Is there any doctor either than a dermatologist that I could go to???? I have been research but really since ets surgery is not of the majority. I couldn't really find much about it, if it because of poor blood circulation how could I find out for sure? Could you advise me again ? Thank you so much really.

I was in your situation at 19 with a thinning crown,i started using rogaine 5% and it worked a charm,i had not lost much hair in the crown just the centre of the swirl was a bit thin,this yr aged 25 my crown is perfect still i do take propecia now too .5mg three times a week as in insurance policy we'll call it,im 26 now,i would reccomend you use roagine foam 5% for a 6months if this doesnt do anything start on a low dose of propecia like me.This worked 100% for me so maybe it will for you,goodluck

Thank you for your reply . Thanks!!! Hey how long till you seen improvement because I have been using it but every time i shower only hair from the crown of my head would fall off as i brush through?

around 3 months and at 6 months my crown was complete again.how long have you been usung rogaine?if your shedding its a good thing but after 2-3 months the shedding should have stopped..

Hey I have only been using it for about a month and what do you mean by shedding?? Sorry,I mean in the 1st month or close to 2nd month did hair stop falling ??

Sorry to bother you again, erm i'm currently using regaine and I have notice it has been making me lose a lot more hair on the other side of my crown(left) rapidly. I didn't had thinning there until I used it for about a month, I am really concerned.

Rogaine causes the weak thin hair to initially fall out(shedding) this is only temporary it lasts a few months and then new stronger healthy hair will regrow in its place,keep using rogaine everyday for 6months even if you think its making your hair worse,are you using the foam?

Don't worry so much right now. In any case, hair loss--and its treatment--is a really slow process. Try and find another dermatologist in your area, and explain to him/her your situation. In any case, see about getting on Finasteride(propecia) if it's right for you. You definitely don't want a hair transplant at this age.

Rogaine causes the weak thin hair to initially fall out(shedding) this is only temporary it lasts a few months and then new stronger healthy hair will regrow in its place,keep using rogaine everyday for 6months even if you think its making your hair worse,are you using the foam?

Hey mars but the thing is the hair that are falling are really thick ones. I don't know it seems so wrong and i am so afraid.

Don't worry so much right now. In any case, hair loss--and its treatment--is a really slow process. Try and find another dermatologist in your area, and explain to him/her your situation. In any case, see about getting on Finasteride(propecia) if it's right for you. You definitely don't want a hair transplant at this age.

Hey ziggy thank you for your reply. So i should look for a dermatologist not some hair doctor to run some blood tests or anything????

Hey ziggy thank you for your reply. So i should look for a dermatologist not some hair doctor to run some blood tests or anything????

A hair doctor would be actually be preferable. I'm not sure what sort of blood tests could be run, but a hair doctor might be more familiar with the problem.

• 2 months later...

Pressure

You may want to use a little concealer on the top until the medicine kicks in. I am certainly not an advocate for meds but if it appears you are very concerned with hairloss,I would suggest looking into finasteride sooner than later to "stop the loss". Of course, check with your doctor about how this works in conjunction with your recent ETS surgery / postop

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!