A Doctors experience with Dr Alan Feller

rbte11

Hi guys

I am now 2.5 years post op! I had 2 FUE procedures with Dr Alan Feller...

So starting off : why did I want an op?

I started receding when I was 22, but it was very mild. being a doctor myself i was able to start propecia early, and for 7 years my hair remained much the same as it was. but the receding look really bugged me. i gave myself a couple of years to think about it, and after alot of research, i chose dr feller.

Why Feller? I liked his accurate and detailed pics. it was clear that he had nothing to hide. he had a great attention to detail in his work, and of course, his results are consistant.

THe next step was meeting with spex, and i really like how he was there NOT as a salesman, but as a guy trying to help others make the right choices on HTs.

I was very nervous throughout the journey to new york, but feller and his team were great! they really are fantastic people. The first op was a full day, and feller was there throughout the op making sure everything was perfect!

i had about 1300 fues in the first op, and 6 months after i had another 1400 grafts.

if i had to do it again i would have done it all in 2 days, but at the time i wanted to take small steps, it just felt safer.

Some details about me:30 yrs old, i take propecia ( Dr V's schedule- 0.75mg every 12 hours. i found that propecia 1 mg per day was begining to fail after 5 years. i thinks its because the half life of finasteride is only 8 hours or so. by taking a little less every 12 hours, you get more consistant cover)

i went cold turkey off minox after the 2nd op- a mistake i think- alot of hair was lost. but that could be shock loss too. im still not sure.

im thinking about getting onto minox again but im not sure. has anyone tried the foam?

i flew back a day after the op, which was tough! but it was nice to recover at home.

the growth was great! im thrilled with the result. i can style my hair any way i want now. hair transplants WORK if they are done by the right people.

please feel free to ask any questions.

the future: im not sure... i wanna hear from the good dr feller and see what he thinks. after the last op, he thought a small fue to the peak might finish the look.

5b32cff832f4c_preopfront.jpg.4935661d8250f2a6227af9d5189e0404.jpg

5b32cff844867_postop.jpg.680e49bd2b339e34b4e1fdf65cd57ae8.jpg

Edited by rbte11

It's looking great. First session was 1500 grafts? How many grafts were the second session? Do you by any chance have a graft breakdown? After looking at those post op photos, Dr. Feller's work looks very clean. What is the punch size used? Thanks for sharing. :)

Hi bud

Great results and excelent honest close up pics .

I had 2100 crown grafts in 2007 and I will be going to see Dr Feller again in jan 2012 for my own temple points to be tweaked , i'm using strip .

I know i'm in safe hands with Dr Feller , skilled , ethical , honest and gets some of the most natural and consistant results .

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Exceptional result.

I think with hair transplants, with finite donor supply, and understanding that hairloss is marathon not sprint, donor hair needs to be allocated correctly and efficiently as possible, so maximum coverage and density can be achieved with the minimum amount of grafts.

If donor supply was infinite, there would be no problems.

However it isn't and i think he is a master at being very well rounded not too conservative and not too aggressive.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.