Hanging upside down

Only if you hold a bag of nickels in your left hand......

J/k, of course. If you have a transplant, I can almost assure you won't be in the mood to hang upside down for at least a couple of months.

But no, I don't think that will help at all.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Lovetospoon,

There is no real proof that increasing blood circulation to the scalp will prevent or reverse hair loss, though some have conjectured it's part of how Rogaine works. The whole "hanging upside down" technique is ages old and has been proven to be a farce.

In my opinion, stick to proven medical treatments like Propecia and Rogaine.

Bill

I second the advice about the nickels...

I think this sort of thing won't help your results come in faster. The fact is, follicles have their natural cycles of growth and dormancy, and it's illogical to think three months can turn in to one because you get more blood flowing to your head for two or three minutes a day (going for too long in the position actually can be harmful, so I'd recommend against it no matter your purpose).

If you are intent to hang, maybe try it three or four days after the procedure, but be warned, you're going to feel as if your scalp (and your grafts) is about to fall off -- it'll not be a pleasant sensation.