Stitches removal

Fine, however better to come out day 10 - just go to your local NHS drop in centre :cool:

They will remove them no issue.

S

Thanks Spex, just checked, they are open 7 days a week, so I can get them done on Sunday which is day 10.

Ace. :)

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=10024&WebID=2832

October 2011 - 1647 FUT - Dr Dorin

January 2014 - 1580 FUT - Dr Dorin

Spex

You say best to have them out at around day 10, however Dr Rahal from what I understand is pretty stern about leaving them in for a full 14 days. Just curious what your thoughts are on this?

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Anytime between 10-14 days is fine. After that is when you have the possibility of getting them embedded and having a more painful experience of getting them removed.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I always remove my sutures 7 days post op because no matter how nonreactive the sutures are supposed to be, they still cause irritation to the scalp and if left in too long, can cause more scarring. The longer you leave them in the higher chance of having "railroad tracks" form. This is the scarring that is caused from sutures and has nothing to do with the incision. If you leave your sutures in too long, something that can also happen is your skin can grow up around the sutures causing increased scarring. The goal is to remove irritating foreign body out as soon as you can.

I always place deep, simple, dissolveable sutures to take the tension off the outer suture line which also helps to prevent the incision from widening.

Okay, thought I'd go to the drop in clinic as my sutures feel ready to come out, and look pretty good.

I went to the clinic and the nurse confirmed they were ready to come out, so I had them done at day 8.

She said day 11 (which was the next appointment available) would have been much tighter.

She also commented on Dr Dorins fine needle work. :)

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=10024&WebID=2832

October 2011 - 1647 FUT - Dr Dorin

January 2014 - 1580 FUT - Dr Dorin