Another "when can I weight lift?" question...

Any current studies on this? The answers are all over the place on this forum. I'm guessing light lifting and cardio after suture removal and high intensity training after 3-4 months as long as I don't feel any stretch. When are most weight lifters able to safely train heavy free weights including shrugs and abdominal exercises without stretching the scar? I've read as long as 6-12 months. eeek

My last procedure was about 8 years ago and the doc allowed me to train after suture removal. I didn't have any issues from what I remember. I'm guessing the procedures have improved since then.

Thanks

im 14 days post op and asked my dr the same thing today during consultation.

he said its fine if i lift weights. i made it clear i meant heavy weight lifting, and he said it will be fine. (im not so sure)

but this has left me very confused, much like yourself ive read that the scar can stretch after 6 months from heavy lifting??

i will get back into the gym, but just be lifting light weights and cardio.

Some doctors will be more cautious than others. The actual time when lifting heavy weights will cease to do any damage is going to be very hard to determine and will vary from person to person. Factor in your scalp probably being a bit tighter after a second procedure.

I think 14 days is too soon by far.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I don't know of any studies for when to lift heavy weights. All I can say is from my past experience in my practice. I allow my patients to resume normal activities along with exercise and weight training 7 days post op. If they are in competition or doing extreme weight lifting I suggest them wait til 14 days post op. There is no stretch in the scalp with lifting weights. You get a lot more stretch from looking down, and putting your chin to your chest. If you do that and it feels tight, then avoid those positions. Otherwise go for it and lift as much as you want.