8 days post op: extremely itchy scalp at times

hi guys,

just had my first hair transplant FUT 1800 grafts at the age of 27 in sydney Australia.

healing is going extremely well and im happy with the way it all went. just a couple of questions to help ease my mind in these early stages:

1) im experiencing a very itchy scalp at times. it started day 3 post op.. but apart from the antiseptic solution provided i am too scared to apply anything else at this stage. is there anything i can use so early after the operation to help with the itching or is it worth while just toughening it out as i have so for the past 4 days??

2) my Dr tells me my grafts look pretty solid now and should all be well planted into my scalp. in the first few days post op, id say in total about 7 or 8 transplanted hairs had shed, but nothing was attached to the ends and there was no blood what so ever on the recipient area. the only reason i was concerned was that from my research, shedding of transplanted hairs shouldn't be occurring until at least 1 -4 weeks. can someone please clarify this?

many thanks guys

looking to update my profile with more pics and a background to my journey.

Chael,

thanks spex.

12days post op now and healing has been great, no pain, no redness, all scabs almost gone.

just experienceing the normal shockloss now.. but after reading your very detailed "shockloss" thread with all the definitions i am more relaxed even though i am shedding noticeably post op.

• 5 months later...