hair piece new advice

craig193

hello i am new to this and forum and seriuously considering for the first time to get a hair piece, does any one know what type i should get, real hair or fake and a good company to get it from and the pros and cons? v excited but worried and need some help please. thanks

Guest Charlie2

My question is why would you consider buying a hair piece? Our bodies have the ability to regenerate new growth in the area that is barren. There are no worries with glue or falling off. Hair transplants are compared to a garderner planting in fertile soil. If your body is harvesting hair in other parts of the scalp, it's a perfect setting for transferring on to the barren soil. There is no pain, and you see and feel your own garden of sowing. If you're in the early stages of loss or completely barren, there is alternatives to wigs.

I think it just the thought of operation, and the cost and if it doesnt work or looks worse, at least with a hair piece, i guess i can take it off, plus the expense would be out of my reach. is there any help out there to find the right road to go done ?

I think it just the thought of operation, and the cost and if it doesnt work or looks worse, at least with a hair piece, i guess i can take it off, plus the expense would be out of my reach. is there any help out there to find the right road to go done ?

My question is why would you consider buying a hair piece? Our bodies have the ability to regenerate new growth in the area that is barren. There are no worries with glue or falling off. Hair transplants are compared to a garderner planting in fertile soil. If your body is harvesting hair in other parts of the scalp, it's a perfect setting for transferring on to the barren soil. There is no pain, and you see and feel your own garden of sowing. If you're in the early stages of loss or completely barren, there is alternatives to wigs.

I love people who are anti-wig, all high and mighty, but they come across as idiots.

Theres plenty of reasons why some choose hair pieces instead of transplants.

1.Some people just arent good candidates

2.Hugely expensive

3.One surgery otften isnt enough

4.Dependancy on med's for life which can have side effects

5.Results arent guarenteed

6.Surgery cant give you back the thickess of previous hair

7.Scarring, pitting and possible nerve damage

Just some of many reasons people choose hair pieces.

Theres no doubt for some HT's are brilliant but theres plenty of others who wished they had never had it. I read about someone who had what he thought great results froma top HT doc (he even posted pics) after time he grew less and less positive about those results and he now wears a hairpeice and he loves it.

people are different, there are different options out there its personnel choice. Wigs like ht's have come a long way, people with little knowledge of how good hair pieces are thesedays still think its like a dead animal on top of your hair, but the results can be incredible, like a good HT a good hair piece is completely undectable.

You should be more open minded. I'm sure the poster knows about HT's, to think he isnt is delusional. I'm not agreat candidate but I have started propecia and maybe in a few years I will have a HT if the doc thinks I will get decent results but in the meantime if it means wearing a small piece or using concealers then why shouldn't I, it will improve my look and it may mean I never have a HT. You have to use what you have available and are comfortable with.

Oh and to answer the original posters question you could try Toplace they have a great forum where you might learna lot. I havent taken the plunge myself still using concealer but thought about using a very small hairline piece in the future.

Edited by standbyme

• 2 weeks later...

hi ppl i m from india ,recently i came accross dis clinic here dats dealing in hair systems. this is their website which has details of diff basesplz scroll down ders a table)

RICHFEEL: - TRICHOLOGY CENTRE - HAIR CAMOUFLAGE

i cant understand wich 1 is gud,,,,,,,,i wud like d one dat is durable as well as undetectable.........

plz help also plz tell me if system life dat dey hav mentioned , does d system last dat long,coz i hav heard lace material doesnt last long

if you are interested in purchasing a human hair piece i would be happy to discuss. i was searching for the perfect solution to my hair loss for AGES and eventually found a london based non surgical replacement clinic.

i have never been happier.

rick.

well said stanbyme........ i applaud craig for sticking to his guns and shame on charlie who probably is working for some hair transplant clinic... if i had a chance to take my transplant back i would too and rock a piece. I wasnt a good candidate to begin with..