Qs about treating newly growing transplanted hair.

(firstly to David,

No I have not had BHT but I have hairy legs and hands though no enough chest hair.but the hair on leg and hand is like that of scalp,straight and matured.so I am planning to go for it in future.

My doc has done one BHT recently and I am eager to see the results)

I did not find much written about these 'sprouts' except their appearance,so answers to these Qs would really help many folks like me.I mean growing grafts,those small tiny hair we die to see.

I am seeing these hair since last 10-15 days(post-op 2 months 22 days)

1) How strong are they towards rubbing etc. compared to normal healthy hair?

2)Are there any instance when these newly growing transplanted hair fell due to wrong handling or rubbing ointment on them which was meant for scarred tissue?

In short,I want to know more about the strength of the root of newly growing transplanted hair because I am applying two gels namely ContraTubex and Revitress for scarred tissue and for soothing scalp respectively on recepient area twice a day and afraid of the effect of rubbing on these new hair.

Thank you very much all the three publishers! There is hardly any forum as helpful as this is and we are glad to have awesome guys like you here!

Thank you Pat,Bill and David.

Have the hairs you are talking about been growing since day 1 post op or are they just starting to grow recently? Transplanted hairs are generally healthy strong hairs that would not be damaged by simply rubbing product on scalp over that area.

Have the hairs you are talking about been growing since day 1 post op or are they just starting to grow recently? Transplanted hairs are generally healthy strong hairs that would not be damaged by simply rubbing product on scalp over that area.

I am talking bout newly growing hair which we call 'initial growth' i.e. littile thin hair growing from follicles after grafts shed.

I am post-op 2 months 23 days and seeing early growth I am talking about those new hair.

since it was my 3rd procedure my recepient area was littile bit scarred and so I was adviced to use ContraTubex on it.

Now that I see small hair sprouting from most of the incisions should I stop using that cream for scarred tissue?