Multiple FUT then Later FUE

If someone has 3 HT procedures using the FUT method does it create three seperate scars or is the previous scar re-opened and a further strip taken just below the scar and then closed up making the original scare a bit wider?

My second question is if someone has had 3 FUT HTs and another FUT is not possible due donor limitation can a fourth procedure be done using FUE method since hair would be taken spread out making it possible for more donor being available this way?

If you have multiple procedures the doctor should be reopening your scar and taking another area above or below, leaving you with one scar. This can be done several times until the scalp elasticity is no longer able to do it. FUE is possible to be done with someone who has had several FUT procedures. It can be taken from the entire donor area selectively but depending on the size of the FUE you may need to shave the entire donor area to harvest that amount. If it's a small procedure than you may be able to shave slits (similar to the shaved slit from the FUT procedure which is later removed) and have your hair above combed over it (ideal to keep your hair longer to do this).

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians