Removing scabs from scar

Hi all......am 2 weeks out frm 3020 grafts FUT, and the recipient area is now completely scab free and looking fine. There are still a fair few scabs around the scar. Am I alright to try and massage them off when wet?? I don't really want to risk stretching the scar but am I ok if I massage left to right along the scar as opposed to massaging over the scar? Also am I ok to treat the scar with bio oil while there are a few scabs on it?? Thanks.....

Sickboy, It would be difficult to stretch your scar just by massaging the scabs off of it. That being said, there is no harm in being gentle with the area still. The bio oil should be fine at this point, but you might want to consult your doctor just to be certain.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Sickboy, It would be difficult to stretch your scar just by massaging the scabs off of it. That being said, there is no harm in being gentle with the area still. The bio oil should be fine at this point, but you might want to consult your doctor just to be certain.

Hairthere,

How is your progress going? I think you are probably around 7 months post op..Are you starting to see some good results?

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website