Advice Required

Hi All,

I have been sending my picutures to different doctors and have been getting different suggestions on the no of grafts I require and no of HT I should go for.

I seek your expert advice and give me some directions.

PFA for my picture

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

IMG_0277.jpg.17fe5c021060f7adc9fa2bfeb7b6bcee.jpg

Bakri, I think you look like a Norwood 4V or towards Norwood 5. But you could probably tell if your hair was grown out a little more. What did the doctors say to you or quote you? Are you on any medications for hairloss, finasteride or rogaine?

IMO, You'll need at least 4000-4500 grafts I think to start your hair transplant journey. You are young too so you don't know if you will advance further towards Norwood 6. How is the hairloss in your family? If you progress further after a couple of years after your first transplant, then you may need another transplant. So, think one transplant for now due to your age and then one in the future after a couple of years. Unless you want to wait another 2-3 years to see if your hairloss progresses further.

Depending on how much donor hairs you have available, density, their texture/quality, you may be better off with STRIP for such a large procedure. You can probably also do FUE if the doctor says you are a good candidate for it. Obviously prices will vary between the two procedures, STRIP in most cases is half the cost of FUE.

I am not a doctor so that is my own opinion after what I have researched.

Hope everything works out well for you.

Hi Sean and Spex,

Thanks a lot for your valuable advise. Based on your suggestions I had an online consulting with Dr. Radha for an HT. I got the following response.

1. You need a minimum of 3000 grafts for the first session. This will reframe your face and fill in the fronto temporal angles and add density up to mid-scalp.You may want to do more if your donor area is super dense.

2. In view of large number of grafts required i prefer to do the strip technique for you. Moreover the damage is less in the strip rechnique compared to the FUE. Surgery takes 6-8 hrs. It takes 8-10 months for the transplanted hair to grow back.

From the knowledge I have of HT, and the your feedback, I think this was quite a sound feedback compared to what I have been getting from other doctors.

I have seen her work on the forum posted by one of the patient, what do you guys think ??

Regards,

Bakri

Hi,

Doctor Radha is relatively unknown on this forum. I have been following her results closely and at this stage there is one forum member who has been able to demonstrate his result for us.

Another member has recently undergone a HT procedure with her and had a very positive experience with her but his results are not finalised at this stage.

I have had a HT with DHT Clinic in Bangkok over a year ago and had a great result. However, I would like another pass to thicken my hairline and do some work in the crown. Doctor Radha trained under Doctor Pathomvanich at DHT Clinic and some of her staff as well.

I have swapped some emails with her and she appears to be very dedicated in the art of HT and is aiming for high standards at her clinic. I'm seriously considering using her but I suggest that you do your own due diligence because HT procedures can be variable and results differ from patient to patient.

Do you live in India? If you do can you have in an person consult with her?

Regards

Rod

Hi,

If I lived in the same country as part of my due diligence in researching a HT surgeon I would definitely have an in person consult. In my case I live in Australia. Alternatively ascertain whether she has clients who live near you.

Good luck.

Rod