Question for Dermatologists:Eyebrow transplant and Sebborhaeic Dermatitis

I had an eyebrow transplant about a month ago. I have always (since the age of 12/13) had a very mild form of dermatitis on my eybrows- a few very small flakes which could easily be removed by gently stroking my fingers over the eyebrows.

Two weeks after my transplant i began developing a very different form of dermatitis: this time the flakes are very big, they stick to my eyebrow hairs and are planting themselves into the skin around the eyebrow hairs.

It is possible that the special shampoo for use after the transplant, which causes dandruff, has helped caused this or perhaps the special oil to be applied to my eyebrows-but it is not two weeks since i stopped using that shampoo and this problem has not receded. I have even been using an anti-dermatitis shampoo but with little success.

Do any dermatologists recognise what is happening here and what might have caused it? Also what would you recommend my doing?

Many thanks,

Jonny

jonny,

Have you consulted with your hair transplant surgeon regarding this condition? I also recommend consulting with a dermatologist locally. It may be difficult for a doctor to give you relevant feedback without examining you in person.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I am not a doctor, but I have experienced similar symptoms (without having an eyebrow transplant) You may want to try washing your eyebrows with nizoral (ketoconazol) shampoo. Let it sit for five minutes and then rinse. The shampoo has worked wonders for my seborhetic dermatitis.

Hope your issue gets resolved.