skin peeling, some bleeding

it's 3 months post-op

i was feeling the donor area, and something felt like loose skin, i peeled off 2 flakes, there was some hair on it included the short hair that they had trimmed, like 5-10 hairs attached to the dead skin

then later i felt another piece that was loose, and i thought it was just loose skin again so i started peeling it off, thinking it was just dead skin. but it didnt come off immediately, i tried to pull it off a bit more, it didnt hurt but just a tiny pinch, but then i noticed that there was some blood at the root of the hair. i got a tissue and dabbed the area and there was some blood on the tissue.

it's 3 months post op though, shouldn't everything be healed? why was there blood, is that normal? what did i pull off, was is just some dead skin cells?

hairgirl08,

It's difficult to say without photos. There is no substitute for checking with your own surgeon but I can tell you that after each of my transplants, I experienced several large ingrown hairs along my scar line. A couple of them burst producing quite a lot of blood.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

here are some photos but i don't know if it really helps

it wasn't a LOT of blood like dripping or anything, but it still concerns me that it was bleeding at all 3 months after, i'm not sure what is from or what's causing it

the pieces of skin flakes and hair look like this:

i think some of the pics are of the piece without the blood

the piece with the blood you can't see it in the pic

and a pic of the tissue after i dabbed the donor area

screenshot20110922at644.th.png

screenshot20110922at643.th.png

Edited by hairgirl08

I think a doctor maybe able to help you, hopefully, some doctor chimes in on this.

From what I read, there could be several factors.

It could be what David said, regarding ingrown hairs.

Do you happen to have an itch where you scratched? It could be a minor scalp condition but a doctor can tell you that. Sometimes, folliculitis or seborrheic dermititus can cause scabs/bleeding and it is easily treatable. Stress can cause things like that, excess sebum, etc.

3 months out, i'd think the scar area would be healed by now? Especially, with any scabbing.

hairgirl08,

It's difficult to remember the timeline and exact look of the "peeling" that I experienced along the scar line but it may be the same thing. I got lots of large and deep ingrown hairs. Some of them caused bleeding and scabbing that shed with hairs attached.

Do contact your doctor if you have not already. As I stated above there is really no substitute. If your hair restoration physician is too far away for a visit, consider asking your GP.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website