Day 14 is tomorrow...Can I comb my hair with a brush and use moouse without worrying about damaging any of my implants?

Looking at my scalp, i hardly see any scabs, and theres some crust...overall, it doesn't even look like i've had a procedure done...so is it okay to finally use my brush and hair product without worry?

Could someone help confirm if it's okay for normal hair product(styling gel, moouse, etc) is okay to the touch the scalp(or area that received the implants) 14 days after?

Also, is it okay for my brush to touch the same area?

Please let me know

At day 14 the grafts are secure, so you should be fine. But why be in a hurry to brush your hair or apply hair products? I guess I am very conservative and babied my new grafts for longer than normal. Since I made a huge investment, why not let the recipient heal naturally and not apply anything that could harm or negatively affect the growth.

I would ask your doc as mine said apply nothing other than minoxidil, vitamin e oil or aloe vera until the one month mark.

Again, your doc knows best so ask him/her.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

No one can confirm anything, we are all a sample size of 1! Brush the hairs above the grafts don't rub to hard on the scalp yet. Your gel question is way to broad to even be answered, ingredients, etc. make all the difference.

best of luck

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Ytoday,

You may want to double check with your ht clinic about their post op protocol. At Shapiro Medical, we advise our patients that after 10 days post op, they can resume normally in all aspects except for being mindful not to put stress on their donor scar.

Thanks so much for everyones advice...another question i have is whether its okay for me to take herbal supplements like ginkgo and ginseng. Also if coffee and red bull are okay to drink again.

Also, whats the general opinion on days after a ht to start drinking alcohol and smoking again?

ytoday, Y did you stop drinking coffeee to begin with? The other supplements won't harm your grafts either, but let your clinic confirm that. I wholeheartedly agree with Eman in that why would you want to rush to possibly compromise your new grafts in any way by adding this product or that?? Rest and daily excersise would be of my main concern at this point indefinitely.

It should be fine to take herbal supplements anytime after surgery - at least that's our protocol. As far as caffein is concerned - we ask our patients to refrain from coffee and other caffeinated drinks the day of surgery since it typically makes people figet. They can resume drinking coffee immediately after surgery.

Drinking alcohol and smoking after surgery, we advised our patients to not drink until they are off the pain meds. Mixing alcohol with narotics is not a good plan. Smoking causes blood vessels to constrict, thus inhibiting your newly transplanted grafts to get less than optimal blood supply.