Dr. Ulf Kienecker

rkh2010

rkh2010,

I have not heard of Dr. Kienecker and cannot comment on him either way but I urge you not to rush into hair transplant surgery without first doing extensive research. You only get one shot at a first hair transplant and you must be sure that all the odds are in your favor.

I recommend that you consult our interactive map and locate the prescreened quality hair restoration physicians nearest you. Consult with multiple hair restoration physicians and meet with real patients if possible.

We advise patients that cost and proximity should not be deciding factors when choosing a hair transplant surgeon. In order to help you make the right choice, I suggest reading the following articles from our Hair Loss Q&A Blog:

Preparing for a Hair Transplant: How to do the Research

How to Choose the Right Hair Transplant Doctor for You

Most of all, stick around here and ask questions. We have many experienced and knowledgeable members dedicated to helping future patients avoid common missteps.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hello guys, I am completely new to this forum. I purchased a voucher through Groupon for London Hair Transplant Clinic FUE . My doctor will be Dr. Ulf Kienecker. Has anyone heard of him or can let me know of his experience?

Thank you very much

hi , ive just bought a voucher from groupon and had fut transplant with dr ulf kinecker in london , he is very knowledgable and skilled and done a good job on my hairline ,

Hello guys, I am completely new to this forum. I purchased a voucher through Groupon for London Hair Transplant Clinic FUE . My doctor will be Dr. Ulf Kienecker. Has anyone heard of him or can let me know of his experience?

Thank you very much

hi , i too bought a voucher from groupon for the london hair transplant clinic, but didnt know my surgeon till the moment i met him so could not research him and his work . i can assure you he is a good surgeon who is knowledgeable and proffessional, i felt very little to no pain throughout my op and would recommend him to you , im in no way related to the clinic or the doctor in fact im an electrician from liverpool so dont worry that you wont have a proffessional job done as you will .

• 1 month later...

I was just upstairs trying to sleep and i feel sick. My sugeryis in 5 days with Dr Ulf Kienecker in Fullham road, London. Obviously i get it, if you spend ?6000- plus then you get to meet your surgeon and all the rest of the trimmings but i could only ever afford to do this on groupon so i bought the voucher. Ive read so much on so many sites and people scare the shit out of you with horror stories.

I have checked on the List of registered medical practitioners.

On the general medical councils website.

He is on there.

Links are below.

Anyway, Im really glad you guys were on here and that you posted otherwise i probably wouldnt be able to sleep. I'll let you know how it goes on Tuesday.

GMC | List of Registered Medical Practitioners

GMC LRMP

Dear Gentleman,

I am pleased to tell you about my brilliant hair transplant!

We got up really early.... Me, my mum and my dad.

We were all shitting ourselves. I even thought about not going.

My dad took me down to the fullham road in chelsea.

It was inside Fullham dental clinic which actually makes quite a lot of sense because Dentists also do some pretty difficult medical procedures.

He only does hair transplants now though he has done other plastic surgery in the past.

Hes Professional, really funny and interesting. He has a team of 3 ladies who are all really friendly and smiley. No airs or graces.

They don't make you feel like you're a "Patient".

He explains EVERY SINGLE TINY DETAIL of what hes doing so there are no shocks.

You arrive and he greets you with a big "Hello" and then you have a 30 /60 minute consultation where he goes through absolutely EVERYTHING.

A nurse comes out and gives you the appropriate prescribed drugs to prepare you for surgery.

You take off your top layer of clothing and put on a surgical cloth robe (So no blood goes onto your clothes).

You lay down, they mark the necessary space and shave the area (Cleaning you area with antibacterial type spray thingie) and they put the anesthetic into your hair line.

He does about 8 injections into that hair line where they are taking the donor skin/hair.

He warns you that it really hurts but honestly its so quick and by the time its gone in the anesthetic has already started working.

By this point the diazapam has started working and you start to become drowsy.

The team become very serious and it goes quiet while they concentrate and i believe this is when they started to cut the donor area.

I then say "Yo Doc, Are you hacking away back there yet?" to which he replied "I have started the procedure now please relax and enjoy". I then fell asleep and woke up 40 minutes later to turn over and have the implants inserted into the top of my head.

The whole experience was so lovely. We broke for lunch and they brought me fruit and juice, crisps and chicken wraps.

We had lots of laughs and anybody who wasn't actually performing surgery was there to make you comfy. All in all i had way more donor hair than expected (Coz i ma lady) and it took 9 hours which was a long time but the team kept in good spirits the whole time and didn't rush me at all.

Dr Kienecker is very modest and didn't ask me to write a review which i thought was really nice.

The bad side of hair transplant surgery: Recovery.

Dr Kienecker is amazing and his stitch work perfect but like he said "This is surgery!"

This is not a joke just because you are not staying in hospital over night.

I waved good bye and was smiling but then half way home the anesthetic wore off and i was delirious with pain.

I cried the whole way home in pain until i could take the pain killers that he provided.

He warned me that most patients get a very large swelling across the forehead and around the eyes and boy was he right!Lots of websites warn you too that this is common. My right eye was so swollen that it swelled shut.

It didn't ever hurt but be prepared for the shock of how you look because i looked insane!

I recommend buying a travel pillow because the first night you CANNOT sleep on your back or front as it just hurts to much and you risk damaging your grafts.

Prop loads of pillows up around you and sort of sit up and sleep.

Other then those things its been 5 days and i feel great!

My sleeps not perfect yet but my hairs looking good!

Its a mixture of the pain killers i'm taking and everything.

The pain killers i got from my GP (Not from Dr kienecker) as what he gave me wasn't strong enough for me but everybody needs different things to cope with healing.

So a quick re-cap:

1: BOOK THE WEEK OFF WORK! you are not going into the office looking like John merrick.

2) Clean your bedroom top to toe with anti bacterial wipes including your combs and brushes as not to give your fresh wounds and infection.

3) Make sure you are being dropped off and picked up from surgery by somebody NICE!!!!

4) Make sure your fridge is stocked up with healthy and unhealthy food as your appetite goes bonkers (I haven't eaten properly in days and i fancy the strangest things)

5) The surgery is a doddle and the team are amazing but its the after care that is important!I love smoking cigarettes but i haven't had one since two days before the operation and haven't wanted one since.

Last but not least.

I am a real person and no i do not work for any company or company's in medical.

I work in wedding dress retail and i bought off groupon and i was petrified but i took a chance and it worked and im now so excited to have normal hair and not have guys stare at my balding parting anymore!

Hi,

I'm glad you had a good surgery and you liked the doctor. There are many good HT surgeons around the world but also quite a few dodgy one's.

What helps the community is when forum members create a blog or post and follow up with results over a 12 month period. We read many initial posts regarding a HT and 12 months down the track the person is posting that they didn't get the result they wanted.

I wish you well with your HT and I hope you start posting your progress on the forum.

Regards

Rod

Hi, Thank you for the reply. I will definitely document the monthly healing process and the hair growth. On all websites it says there is a 4 month sleep period where the hair does not grow at all so... i'm expecting nothing much until the first week of April 2012.

That is exactly four months.from now.

Im going to visit my GP weekly to check the line at the back and make sure it heals correctly. Fingers crossed!

I hope everybody else posts their experiences too just so i know what others think

No idea mate and to be honest i get that doesnt give you much confidence but honestly its not rocket science.

It is surgery and should be treated seriously and obviously you should look after yourself and make sure you heal correctly but at the same time you would have to be a complete IDIOT to f**k up a hair transplant!

The original question was "Has anyone heard of this guy?"and i am just here telling you that i booked it on Groupon, had never met the guy in my life, i was totally shitting it thinking i was going to meet some slack jawed backwards man but instead i met a nice professional team of people who just got the job done. safe,clean, no fuss,no bollocks!

I took my pillow in with me to the operation coz that my special comforter.I suggest you do the same. Take anything that makes you comfortable to your operation.

Id love to be able to post an image of myself right now so you could see me. The last 3 days its looked like i have gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson but today im back to normal. My eyes are slightly puffy.

My hair looks GREAT!

I have about 3000 tiny red dots where these little tiny hairs are sticking out but eventually theyll become my long hairs and thatll be that. Itll take about 3 years for me to see the full effects.

When i got there in the morning and had my consultation he offered me both and asked me what i would like. He offers suggestion and choice and if you as a patient know your stuff you can ask him for whatever.

I seriously suggest you call him and speak to him as you have so many questions that i cant answer. Im not a doctor and like i keep saying... i bought a voucher from groupon and i came on here in hopes to make anybody else that might be nervous at ease. Especially the woman as men tend to give very short accounts of what Transplant surgery is like. They almost never mention how much pain is involved afterwards.

He is almost always at the fullham dental practice and im pretty sure he is booked almost every day as i overheard the staff arranging their coming weeks.

You can call reception and leave him a message and he will call you back.

He is totally awesome and a rocking dude. (Probably not what you want to hear about a surgeon but its true). Hes a very cool dude!

• 3 months later...

Type o,

Are you for real? You said that you would have to be a right idiot to f*ck up a hair transplant. Try telling that to the poor repair patients on here, many of whom are social recluses because they have fallen for the bull and slick marketing of clinics who go on to butcher them. Keep you glib comments to yourself and get real. Usual nonsense.

• 5 months later...