help Plz..2 weeks to go and advice needed

I have raised pimple like bumps appearing in my hairline about 1 inch above my ears and and an inch or two behind and in front of ...2 or 3 kind of in a cluster, a little bit tender like a pimple. Its been happening for the last 2 weeks or so. Im baffled and i dont want it to be a possible problem in 2 weeks time when i have my HT. I started on .5mg of fin about 2 months ago and increased it to 1mg about 2 weeks ago. Ive also been doing the scalp exercises. Im wondering if the pimple thing is from the increase in fin or some sort of reaction/infection off my hands from the scalp exercises. Im thinking of trying antibacterial shampoo or going off fin a week before the Ht to see if it clears up. Im annoyed. i read here that if theres a few pimples they wont do the HT....any ideas/advice/help would be much appreciated. Im flying to thailand. I dont want the doc to say sorry cant do it cz of the pimples..cheers

thanks spex. theyre in the area where i already have hair not in the bald crown area where I have none.and they seem to pop up in different locations all within the band of hair. I havent had a HT yet. I know people get them after the HT. Is the finasteride causing it do you think. I thought I might go back to 0.5mg per day again and see if that helps. cheers

Here a couple of recommendations. Try going back to .5 mg Finasteride and see if it clears up. I doubt the increase to 1 mg has anything to do with your situation, but anything is possible.Make sure you use antibacterial soap before doing your scalp exercises. You could try using Nizoral shampoo and/or some triple antibiotic ointment in the effected area for a few days. I have never heard of a hair transplant surgeon canceling a hair transplant procedure because of a few pimples. Now if there is an entire area that is totaly infected tht would be a different story. In that case an oral antibiotic would be required. If you are really worried about it go see your doctor and ask if they would prescribe an antibiotic for 1 week to make sure everything is cleared up before you make your long trip. Good luck.

well I cut back to 0.5mg of fin and placed a dry facecloth on my head for the scalp exercises and the pimples have gone. im thinking the pimples were caused by bacteria off my hands. I also found I can apply more stretch to the scalp with the facecloth there...it seems to grip the scalp better...scalp exercises are hard work Ive found and tedious as well. Ive also just switched to proscar. Im cutting 1 tab into 7 to give me around .6mg per day. that works out at around AU$12.50 per month....not bad. cheers and thanks to those who helped with my concern