Can you please help - Dr Art Katona

thethon

Hi all...and thank you for reading my thread.

I have been suffering the effects of male pattern baldness since 2006, how ever, in the last 12 months, I lost almost all of my hair along with my self confidence , which has been soul destroying :(

I have had a consultation with Ziering hair transplant, as this is a free consultation, I wanted to also try Farjo, but was deterred by the ?75 consultation charge.

My question is, does any body know anything about the surgeon Dr Art Katona and is he really as good as the Ziering medical staff say?

Also, I was advised, that I currently have masses of velus hair, but as of yet have no bald spots at my crown, I was advised to use Dutasteride, being told this would give me the appearance of hair at my crown after a minimum of 4 months. I was also advised that with using Dutastaride, I would only need 2500 grafts as I have high sides and great scalp laxity, as well as a very thick donor area. Does this sound plausible?

All feed back would be greatly recieved,

Many thanks,

Jon

It's very difficult to say if you need 2500 grafts without seeing photos, so post them and we will be able to give you a rough estimate. Dutesteride usually shows better results around 6 months, but regrowth tends to occur around a year of usage. Sometimes it may be beneficial to wait and see how the medication works for about a year because you may regrow some hair in certain areas and you may not need as many grafts in one particular area.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I have not heard of that doctor, in the UK the only person I would recommend is Dr. Farjo or if you prefer other people in Europe you can try Dr. Bisanga or Dr. Feriduni in Belgium.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thon,

It's difficult to estimate density and matured appearance based upon a description and rough number of grafts. Issues like hair characteristics, scalp laxity, usage of preventive medications (I would research Propecia/finasteride before beginning duasteride) affect the final outcome and cannot be accounted for without a thorough consultation by a trusted hair restoration physician.

Furthermore, although the consultation isn't free, I'd highly recommend Dr. Farjo and think you should consider making an appointment. In the long-term, paying a small fee upfront is much more cost effective than undergoing a potentially less than stellar transplant and paying additional funds for secondary procedures.

Also, feel free to review our other recommended hair transplant surgeons and determine whether you can consult with any of these physicians for free. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 1 year later...

Dr Katona did 2 of my 4 proceedures Oakbrook Il. I was very happy. Excellent process and follow thru. Everything went very well. If and when I get another done, I will look to find him or someone else he suggests. Im very happy with his work. I got my transplants done before I was married and my wife never knew. She only found out when we moved and found records in my files. No reason to tell her during courting right? The combo of Ziering and Katona are the reason for my happiness. Both great HT surgeons in my opinion.

• 1 year later...