HT Contract Question

Just got the contract in the mail today.. it has a $395 "administrative fee" if one finances the cost. I was surprised to see this.

I was planning on financing half the cost of the HT and paying the rest myself.

Is this normal or is this charge just "extra fluff?"

Thx.

Just got the contract in the mail today.. it has a $395 "administrative fee" if one finances the cost. I was surprised to see this.

I was planning on financing half the cost of the HT and paying the rest myself.

Is this normal or is this charge just "extra fluff?"

Thx.

Lots of early 1990 studies in the cosmetic surgery world showed that patient satisfaction was significantly higher, regardless of the results, if the procedure was paid for preop.

That being said, it is certainly reasonable for patients to finance big purchases like these surgeries if that works best for their individual needs.

At least at our office, we don't offer fiancing and have had lots of patients borrow money on their credit cards, heloc loans, or even through a local bank. While I don't know the specifics, it is my understanding that after the patient did that approach, they figured they were going to pay less than with a procedure financing company.

So explore other options before you commit. It does sound like "fluff".

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians