9 1/2 months now with Fin. Terrible results

auteur55

I posted this on another thread but wanted to give it it's own as I'm so frustrated. It was after reading posts from others saying they were still experiencing sheds 10-11 months on Fin. I"m 9 1/2 months on Fin quartered and my hair has done nothing but get worse and worse. And before I got on this stuff it was thinning very slow. My acceleration has been noticeable by everyone. It's disheartening to get on here and find out everyone seems to be shedding hair 10 or 11 months into this. Have we all been bamboozled by the pharma company? Could this stuff be making us worse? Can we demand our money back and compensation if our hair actually got worse on this crap?

Is there still a chance my hair is growing back but it doing it really slow. I shouldn't still be losing hair this late on the pill right?

I have heard of shedding when starting Fin as a possible side affect but not sure how long it lasts after it starts when it does occur. I have been taking it since Feb this year and did not experience any shedding. I would talk to your doctor about it. The shedding should be temporary.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

What brand is your Finasteride? Some generics are known to be weak. It's worth the peace of mind to buy brand name Proscar.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Auteur55

First off, you say everybody on this board is having problems with finasteride and shedding. I think the majority of people on here have MAJOR success with finasteride. Make sure you are buy from a reputable generic company lime TEVA if you are getting the generic. Finasteride is NO mirical cure, but it plus rogaine is definitley the best we have in stopping hairloss at this point.

And I can promise you are not getting your money back. Sorry

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website