My 5604 graft surgery with Dr.Rahal (one month update)

Well, I am now officially one month post from my 5604 graft hair transplant surgery with Dr. Rahal and I thought I would offer to all of you who are following my progress a brief update. I’m glad to say at this point that things are progressing quite well and in many ways surpass what were my expectations before undergoing the procedure. I am including in this update a few high resolution pictures of my donor area so as to give you all a better idea of just how well things are healing at one month post.

As you will see from the pictures, I am experiencing some shockloss in certain areas. But as we all know, it is entirely impossible to predict who will suffer from shockloss and to what degree. It should be noted that Dr. Rahal made this point quite clear to me during my two in person consultation before the procedure. I know, however, that this is only temporary and as you can clearly see by the pictures, the hairs that were lost from the initial shock caused by the removal of the donor strip are now slowly starting to grow back at one month post.

But to the advantage of this blog report, these pictures will allow for a very clear and unobstructed view of how well the donor incision itself is healing. I am personally a bit overwhelmed at how fine and clean the donor scar is at this early point. This is very comforting to see because it tells me that I will certainly be able to sport a short hairstyle once this adventure is over in a year from now. I personally can not offer an unbiased opinion on the quality of Dr. Rahal’s work because, obviously, I am his patient. But I do believe that the pictures speak for themselves. All your opinions are welcomed.

RSCN0575.jpg.a02ff5c3dec5526c157d04ff73c5ff7e.jpg

DSCN0565.jpg.0a7f5e72a63e8bbc6fb5fcd86d072b71.jpg

RSCN0572.jpg.5b544e9f39c01eb20958348be3aab5ae.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg.97a46ff5c25618ce4f5102cc9d4feb88.jpg

RSCN0573.jpg.5bcd6e4ec3ea41a460f5bd45187ba726.jpg

RSCN0574.jpg.af169f323eb4a56a6ab20855ef959134.jpg

Looking good my friend. You will be a happy man in a few months. I had 5229 with Rahal 10 months ago and I am over the moon. My scar is so small that I cant find it; it looks like you are headed in that direction as well.

Did you and Dr. R discuss strategies on how your crown would be tackled in the next op?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

The scar has healed spectacularly well. But man, you got some nasty shock loss around it. Don't worry, it'll come back in a few months. Comparing monthly pictures will certainly give you an idea of how you are coming along. So keep it up!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

When you choose Dr. Rahal, you know you've picked the best of the very best. On the plus side, he's humble, honest, low-key, and doesn't gouge his patients like a mercenary leech. What more can you want? He has left the competition flat-footed and disoriented.

Cant decide,

Thank you for your positive comments. Dr. Rahal really does incredibly good work. I’ve seen some of your pictures from your posts. Your results look amazing. I’ll do my best to keep you up to date on my progress.

PS: Dr Rahal explained to me that I would need about 2500-3000 grafts to complete the crown. Hopefully I will be able to undertake this second round before the end of my year one.

Aaron1234,

Thanks for your comments also. The scar really is healing well. The shockloss really does not bother me that much because I know it will all grow back, I just have to be patient that’s all. I’ll keep you up date equally.

Michael5577 and HairToday72,

Thank you also for your comments.

Regards everyone,

Hairgoesnothing

Hairgoesnothing,

Congratulations! Dr. Rahal has a well-deserved reputation for knocking them out of the park! When all is said and done I'm sure you'll be a happy and hairy man.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi David; I am struggling with hair loss and considering surgery same as you did. Now that I see how your incision is healing I feel very much comfortable. I don't know if you can answer this for me. Can the doctor use some ones else hair graft to implant in my scalp or does it have to be my hair only?

Congratulations on your new and healthy hear.

M

Hello Marsi,

I am Hairgoesnothing and this is my thread (and my pictures) so I think you are asking me a question and not David who is one of the moderators of this site (and also a very knowledgeable fellow when it comes to hair transplant surgery and its industry). So I will go under the pretext that you are addressing your question to me. You asked if some one else’s hair (grafts) can be used in your scalp for a hair transplant surgery. The answer to your question is NO it can not. I am not a doctor nor do I have any type of medical background but I do know that the reason hair transplant surgery works is because the grafts originate from your own body. Hence, your body will not reject the grafts because they are YOUR grafts. I hope this was helpful.

Sincerely

Hairgoesnothing