Is this the best regime?

JackW91

Hi

I've been doing a little research on the forums looking for success stories in temple and hairline regrowth.

People say that propecia usually doesn't grow temple hair, but rogaine can do this although not much.

Alot of the people that say they've had great success at growing temple hair usuallly combine Fin and Minoxidil, though whats interesting is the way they use it.

I'm not sure if its all coincedence but most seem to take Fin by itself for a couple of months and then apply Minox, and thats when they see the results. These are two guys with photographic evidence

Zeroheat's Story-(Temple loss, Big 3, 649 days update pg 30) - HairlossTalk Support Forums

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=64676

and there are loads more who claim they took Fin for a couple of months and then start minox

Hair Loss Help Forums - Regaine 5% minoxidil - SIMPLY AMAZING!!!

Is it that by using Fin first your lowering your DHT so that when you use Minox its easier for tempple hair to regrow?

I'm asking because if I get rogaine and propecia at the same time I would be wasting money on rogaine for the first few months because it would have little effect.

I would start them both at the same time.. I think the main reason people start them at different times is because if you start them at the same time and see improvement you will not know which med caused the improvement..however, if you plan on attacking the hair loss I would go ahead and start both..

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

I would start them both at the same time as well. And for keeping track on which products work i think that there is a visible difference in the hair characteristics that (perhaps) regrow from those products. So you will be able to see which of them is causing regrowth even though you start at the same time. Minoxidil gives fine soft hairs while regrowed hair caused by finasterid gives much stronger thicker hairs.Thats my opinion.

If you wish to start one them first start with finasterid (propecia).

Please add nizoral to your regimen.

Edited by cardel25

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/

I would use Finasteride 1.25 mg/day, minoxidil 2 times/day, and Nizoral every 3-4 days. That and maybe a biotin supplement is about as good as it gets.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hey WB! How are you doing my friend? I've been on the oral minoxidil for a full year now. No sides at all, and my crown and rear top 1/2 have thickened noticeably.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D