Hair loss and mortality

I first noticed my hair was falling out when I was 19. Looking back on it, I think that marked the moment I really became conscious of my own mortality, the fact that I was becoming an adult and would someday be old. Not a happy development, for sure, but a necessary one I guess. Is this experience common to anyone else?

• 1 month later...

I think it's easy for that to happen. Losing hair reminds us that we're going from the growth phase of our life to one of decay--the age around when most people start to go bald is when our bodies start to degrade biologically. But try not to let it get you down too much.

• 4 months later...

We all have to deal with "aging" and the various changes that occuer. Of course, hair loss is a bit different because it is (for the most part) not health related and/or age in some instances.

Remember, you don't have to accept hairloss as there are many solutions out there. Take action and make a plan.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I think we may all remember the first time someone said to us "wow...are you starting to lose your hair?". I was much younger than I am now and so ill-equipped to handle that moment. It was terrible and I wanted to find a hole to dive in. I can remember at a high school reunion several years ago a particularly mean spirited female classmate said to me "whats that baseball cap hiding?" without hesitation I smiled and asked her "what that makeup on her face was hiding?". Today I feel totally at ease talking about my thinning hair, but it certainly was not always that way.

Edited by Shampoo

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Yes, indeed. I remember when I was 20 or so . A "friend" said "You know, you are going to lose your hair." This was before I even noticed it but apparently, I had a bald spot developing. After, year by year, it slowly progressed until I was 23 and then it started coming out FAST (one of the most stressful points in my life).

From that point on I promised myself I would do what it took to get my hair back - 20 years later, I have completed that journey. To this day, it had made me a empathetic person in many areas and also shown me to "take action" on situations which need to be addressed.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!