Eyebrows transplant: a change that catches the eye...

This new case concerns a young english woman who wanted to reinforce the density of her eyebrows.

It is all about the consequences of an over plucking. " I plucked the tops of my eyebrows when I was very young (I wanted a low and straight style) and they have never grown back the same and are very sparse now sadly with patches and hardly any ends to them. "

The surgery was performed in two steps.

The aim was to obtain a huge density without taking the risk of damaging the existing hair.

The result is very good in terms of density as well as the aspect.

Here is a commentary of this patient, one year after the intervention: « As you can see my eyebrows are now much improved, with a lot of hair now coming through from the 2nd surgery! I am very pleased with the result of the growth and the shape! Many thanks! »

For those who like this technique, the important points to respect are the following ones: the choice of the hair according to their natural curve, the orientation of this curve in the right way and the incisions very tangentials.

A.jpg.19cc5140fe1560bad462d50f35a99f95.jpg

B.jpg.731ecc295ef1eb118be898bdfde913f1.jpg

C.jpg.aaa36a5ee690e63475e6d3ea70696d04.jpg

Dr. Jean Devroye

HTS Clinic - Bruxelles

Email: info@hts-clinic.com 

Telephone: +32 2 880 70 60

Online consultation: https://www.hair-transplant-surgery.com/en/Online-diagnostic

Devroye Instruments: https://www.devroyeinstruments.com/

Dr. Devroye is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

The results of this eyebrow case looks very nice. The angle and curve of the hairs are especially important in eyebrow cases.

FYI for those who are considering - the donor hairs are from back of the head like typical hair restoration cases so these patients have an upkeep of trimming the hairs on a regular basis. :)

• 3 months later...

I live in australia. I recently had a HT with Dr pathomvanich(thailand) and had 200 grafts into each eyebrow at the same time as my eyebrows had got very sparse from halfway to the outer edge. Happens to alot of guys as they get older and it ages you. It will make more difference to the way i look than the 2000 odd grafts into my hair. It has also lifted my eyebrow line as well. My gf also had 200 in each eyebrow at the same time and it looks really good. He took quite a long time drawing the outline in discussion with us.

Downside is you will have to trim them ever couple of weeks or less because the transplanted hair grows twice as fast as eyebrow hair.

Also matching the coarseness of the natural eyebrow hair can be a problem if you have very coarse head hair and fine eyebrow hair.

Its hard to find info on eyebrows here thats why Im posting. I dont know how good dr path is at eyebrows (i didnt research it because i have confidence in him) but hes very good at hair and he has done plenty of eyebrow transplants so i expect the same high degree of work as he is renowned for. Maybe you could email him and ask for examples of his work. path_d@hotmail.com

Theres an underscore between path and d. Its a starting point anyway.

Cost was based on the number of grafts. Up to 200 grafts each eyebrow was a flat fee around $1800 (1550 if the hair is done at the same time).

I wouldnt go to any doctor in australia personally. You may have to do a fair amount of research to find someone.

I'll post some before and afters once mine have grown back in( about 60% of mine shed in the first few weeks which is normal so will be another couple of months before the full result)

Good luck.

Sunny