Shock Loss?

I have previously had 1900 grafts (3 surgeries) to my frontal hairline, and about 650 to my crown (1 surgery) from Bosley from 2004-2008 (4 total surgeries each surgery consisted of about 600 grafts each surgery). Unfortunately I am just now finding out that Bosley is notorious for there small amounts of grafts per surgery, but that's a whole other story.

I recently just went got my 5th surgery done from a different Dr. who would finally do more, and hopefully end this nightmare that I thought was going to over with some years and some thousands of dollars ago. He had did 1400 grafts in the front and 550 grafts in my crown.

My question is: Am I going to experience any kind of shock loss to the previous transplanted hairs from Bosely? If so, would I lose these hairs permanently or temporarily? If Temporarily for how long?

Thanks

Ginnie Pig

I have previously had 1900 grafts (3 surgeries) to my frontal hairline, and about 650 to my crown (1 surgery) from Bosley from 2004-2008 (4 total surgeries each surgery consisted of about 600 grafts each surgery). Unfortunately I am just now finding out that Bosley is notorious for there small amounts of grafts per surgery, but that's a whole other story.

I recently just went got my 5th surgery done from a different Dr. who would finally do more, and hopefully end this nightmare that I thought was going to over with some years and some thousands of dollars ago. He had did 1400 grafts in the front and 550 grafts in my crown.

My question is: Am I going to experience any kind of shock loss to the previous transplanted hairs from Bosely? If so, would I lose these hairs permanently or temporarily? If Temporarily for how long?

Thanks

Ginnie Pig

That depends on how skilled your last surgeon was. If competent, then it's possible to have shock, but only temporary and should start to regrow around the 3 month period along w/ your newly transplanted hair. If your doc was sloppy, this could result in transection, which the loss in permanent.