Much needed advice on my decision to go through with fue

Hi there I'm new to this site and would really appreciate some advice on my up coming consultation for fue treatment by dr reddy at the private clinic London,i have had really bad experiences with ahs of Leeds and had laser treatment and also turned to strand by strand which i was very I'll informed as to the procedure and problems that would occur and maintenance charges which ended up with me just shaving my bonce and being worse off than when i started,i am now weighing up the idea of fue which i think is the se procedure as Wayne Rooney has just had done and i carnt ask him for advice lol,so i would really really appreciate any advice that people could give me on this procedure and the pros and cons etc,and even maybe people on here that have had it done and there results,many thanks danny

Danny,

Many members of our site have undergone follicular unit extraction (FUE) hair transplant surgery. You can read more about the specific details of the operation at our hair loss learning center. Furthermore, if you're considering an FUE consultation and possible procedure in Europe, I highly recommend contacting Dr. Feriduni. He's one of the best, and I think his clinic can provide with you with an accurate idea of what you're looking at with regard to the potential of a FUE procedure.

Good luck! Feel free to ask any additional questions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Danny,

If you were to post some pics and/or tell something about your goals you will get more meaningful advise. For example what norwood level are you, how much coverage are you trying to get etc. You can click on the link below to see my fue results. I would be happy to answer any questions about my experience.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Sorry the drs name was dr Raghu reddy of the private clinic,Hi levrais I've just looked at your results and they are amazing,i am looking for similar results,i have the classic bald spot on top and am slightly receding at the front

Thanks for your comment Danny.

In your case the best advice anyone can give you is to research and consult with more than one doc. Dont be afraid to travel as this is a life long decision that you want to get right the first time. Fortunately you have some really good docs to choose from in Europe.

If you want to go for fue, make sure you pic a doc that is really into that method. There are docs who sort of dabble in fue but are not really behind it. Many will tell you that up front.

When you consult with a doc they will tell you what your options are based on your loss pattern, donor density, hair type etc. You may want to get some pics together and submit them to various doctors for an initial online consult so you can start to fine-tune your goals.

View my patient website:

Thanks levrais,I've done some research on the dr I'm going to see and he's been doing hair transplant for some years and he went into this area because he had suffered hair loss so i !think! He's behind this sort of thing,i didn't know you could do online consultation,how do you do this,sorry for all the questions but I'm wary now after rushing i'n with ahs

If you look at the top of the page on this site, there should be a a tab you can click called "consult a physician" from there you get a drop down menu and then click on online consult. If i remember correctly you can upload your pics and your questions once and send them en masse to the docs you want (assuming there are some from this site that you want to consult with). Some of the docs will reply automatically and some you should call their clinic to follow up. In my case I called to schedule a phone consult after sending the photos. If you're are interested in docs not on this site, either go to their page to see if they offer a online option or simply call the individual clinic to find out how to send the pics.

As for the doc you are seeing, he may be perfect for all I know but Im not familiar with him. Im sure he's been doing HTs for a while but you should be able to tell if he's really into the fue thing or not. Not all docs are. There are only about 5 I can think of off had who are truly worth considering for fue. IMO you should do a few online/telephone consults then meet with maybe 3 to 5 docs in person and then narrow your list. There a are lot of docs out there that will not do a good job and you need to be sure you're with the right one. Its possible you could stumble onto the best doc with your first consult but thats a gamble I wouldn't take.

Edited by Levrais
typo

View my patient website:

That's really helpfull thank you,the dr i am going to see is ment to be the leading one i'n the uk,he does the fue that leaves a tiny bit of scaring He calls it the 3rd generation fue treatment have you ever heard of such a thing,i couldn't even get an appointment for 3 months,all sounds gd but you never know

I think this clinic you are thinking of using is the one Wayne Rooney is supposed to have used. I think its unwise to use a clinic just because a celebrity has allegedly used them. Use this forum to do lots of research before you make a decision.

I think this clinic you are thinking of using is the one Wayne Rooney is supposed to have used. I think its unwise to use a clinic just because a celebrity has allegedly used them. Use this forum to do lots of research before you make a decision.

Thanks for your advice,yeh i intend to do my research as I'm not getting bitten again,i think it is the one Rooney used but my wife is getting a face treatment at the same clinic and i just went with her to her appointment and i saw a brochure there on dr reddy

Danny,

Many members of our site have undergone follicular unit extraction (FUE) hair transplant surgery. You can read more about the specific details of the operation at our hair loss learning center. Furthermore, if you're considering an FUE consultation and possible procedure in Europe, I highly recommend contacting Dr. Feriduni. He's one of the best, and I think his clinic can provide with you with an accurate idea of what you're looking at with regard to the potential of a FUE procedure.

Good luck! Feel free to ask any additional questions.

Just wondering, Future_HT_Doc, what makes you think Dr. Feriduni is one of the best? Have you ever done procedure with him or consultation etc?

BTW, I'm not saying he's bad or something, I'm just curious to know what is your opinion based on.

Thanks

Just wondering, Future_HT_Doc, what makes you think Dr. Feriduni is one of the best? Have you ever done procedure with him or consultation etc?

BTW, I'm not saying he's bad or something, I'm just curious to know what is your opinion based on.

Thanks

Thanks i'l have a look at that,the only thing is people keep recommending all sorts of diff doctors it's a bit confusing i want to go with a good dr but there seems to be different opinions everywhere,is this dr your recommending based i'n the uk?

Thanks

Late last year I wrote an article on the evolution of FUE and extraction tools, and during this time I researched Dr. Feriduni and his practice. While I'll admit I was (and still am) very impressed with his philosophy and contributions to the field, it's honestly his skill and results that impress me the most (and what my opinion is based upon):

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/161602-fue-performed-dr-feriduni-%96-1441-fu-single-day-session.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160628-dense-packing-fue-performed-dr-feriduni-%96-836-fu-single-day-session.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159747-fue-performed-dr-feriduni-%96-2154-fu-single-day-session.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159746-fue-performed-dr-feriduni-%96-2656-fu-single-day-session.html#post2258455

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/140259-dense-packing-fue-performed-dr-feriduni-3029-fu-single-day-session.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/138595-dense-packing-fue-performed-dr-feriduni-nw-class-i-812-fu.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/138054-follicular-unit-extraction-performed-dr-feriduni-nw-class-iii-vertex-1814-fu.html

Thanks i'l have a look at that,the only thing is people keep recommending all sorts of diff doctors it's a bit confusing i want to go with a good dr but there seems to be different opinions everywhere,is this dr your recommending based i'n the uk?

He's in Belgium. The only clinic we recommend in the U.K. is the Farjo Medical Centre, and while they are excellent hair transplant surgeons, they exclusively perform FUT.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.