When would I expect side effects for finasteride to occur?

logo

For those that have suffered side effects, when did they occur after you started taking the drug? What side effects did you get? What dose did you start with? and did you quit or lower the dose or frequency? Have done a bit of a search for this but can't really find out enough info on when I would expect to see side effects so I am looking for a bit more comprehensive info on this. About to start on it in the next couple of days. Most seem to say that they see side effects within first couple of weeks however I've also seen some that say many months.

I guess theoretically sides can happen at anytime, Merck states that MOST people who experience sides and continue taking the medicine will go away after one year of use. So to answer your question, if you don't experience sides in the first few months, you PROBABLY won't.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Guest mariewoltz25411697

In my case I start getting side affects with in 2-3 days. My sides are Depression, Fatigue, Brain fog and of course the sexual ones. I am not sure whether they would go away after a while.