Surgeon for female ht

Xtine

:)Helloooo,

I was wondering peoples opinions on ht docs for females. Best, most experience etc. I understand from reading posts here that female ht is a little different than male. I have been researching this for a while and it a bit difficult to find information about the best for females. Thanks in advance!

Xtine

Xtine,

Welcome to our discussion forum and social community. Hair transplant surgery can be a viable option for some females assuming they're good candidates. What makes females good candidates for hair transplant surgery depends on a number of things. However, first and foremost, if you haven't already, I strongly suggest you consult a dermatologist or trichologist for a full medical evaluation and scalp analysis. Determining the cause of your hair loss is critical since many females in particular experience hair loss for varying reasons. If your hair loss is non-genetic related, alternative treatment options may be available eliminating the need for a hair transplant. If you are experiencing genetic female hair loss and the traditional donor area (hair on the sides and back of your head) show no signs of miniaturization (dying hairs), you may be a good candidate.

While the majority of hair transplant patients are men, many women have undergone successful hair restoration procedures, restoring a natural, thicker head of hair. The majority of our recommended hair transplant surgeons have worked on females however, you may want to do a search for "female hair transplant" in the various "results" sections of the forum to see real examples provided by real patients and leading physicians in the field. You can also view female hair transplant photos here.

I hope this helps get you started on your research.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hello,

I am a 34y/o woman who very recently (this past Monday) had a HT.

My advice is research, research and more research. Read different forums on this site. Keep asking questions. Everyone on this site has been very helpful and informative.

I would also recommend consulting with a few doctors before making any decisions.

-Kathleen

Kathleen,

How did your procedure go? I know you were really getting excited prior to it and I look forward to hearing the good news.

Congrats by the way!!

"Opinions and expressions are solely my own!"

Hi Rich,

My procedure went well, thank you. It was a very long day and I was happy to get home! Only part that was painful was my back from laying in that chair all day! lol

I have been washing my hair very carefully and gently. I am too scared to comb my hair in the recipient area....don't want to damage anything!

I have staples so that area still hurts and is sore/tender. I can't wait for them to be removed next week!

I wonder how soon my scalp will start to look somewhat normal?

I can't post pics yet as my laptop is being repaired for hardware issues and won't be back for 2 weeks. =(

Bravo Kathleen,

I tell our patients the most painful part of the procedure is on their bottom from sitting for so many hours!!

So, the heavy lifting is done with! Now just sit back and enjoy the process.

I know you have received post operative instructions about wound care etc and how to take care of the new grafts. You'll be able to comb very soon and those staples will be out in short time (staples sound so .....industrial).

Enjoy the new hair ma'am and look forward to hearing about your great result!

"Opinions and expressions are solely my own!"