Propecia probably failing on me, please help

il.mafiozzzo

I'm 22 1/2 years old with early frontal hair loss, rite now I'm a NW2 though. I'm into Propecia treatment for 8 1/2 months now. Anyways for the first 5 months everything looked the same then on month 6 I noticed some thickening and I believed the effects were going to show from then on. A few weeks later I suddenly noticed a little loss but wasn't too concerned back then. On month 8 I noticed a slight bit of loss again. And now on month 9 I noticed very little loss on my temples (there were some short weak hairs but they fell out). I know thickening/regrowth takes time but I'm pretty damn sure my hair loss should've stopped by now!! Please help me, I'm very depressed and scared and don't know what to do.

I'm 22 1/2 years old with early frontal hair loss, rite now I'm a NW2 though. I'm into Propecia treatment for 8 1/2 months now. Anyways for the first 5 months everything looked the same then on month 6 I noticed some thickening and I believed the effects were going to show from then on. A few weeks later I suddenly noticed a little loss but wasn't too concerned back then. On month 8 I noticed a slight bit of loss again. And now on month 9 I noticed very little loss on my temples (there were some short weak hairs but they fell out). I know thickening/regrowth takes time but I'm pretty damn sure my hair loss should've stopped by now!! Please help me, I'm very depressed and scared and don't know what to do.

mafiozzzo,

Relax! You're just a kid right now. You're NW2. You still have a lot of hair. I know it feels horrible, but hair loss is rapid at first and sometimes unpredictable. I started losing hair when I was 16.

Add minoxidil to your regime if you haven't.

take care...

Definitly worth trying Minoxidil as well, but don't get too down, as with everything hair loss can go in cycles, and remember worrying and stress isa contributory factor, so just relax, it will work, but it isn't quick

Well Propecia is much more powerful then Rogaine, I don't think Rogaine would help too much and btw Rogaine = Pain! It's way too much work and hassle even if you are desperate to save your hair, it's for people with a lot of nerve and patience!

I would continue to take the Propecia regardless as it might still be slowing thre recession even though it is continuing. A slowed balding over the next 5 years maybe a lot of extra hair on your hair compared to not having taken the recession. Remember fighting male pattern baldness is a life long commitment not a 1-2 year thing.

SDM