Dr Feller hairline bulk-up: 9 month update

Hi guys,

For those of you not familiar with my previous posts, I had a 1,100 graft hairline bulk-up with Dr Feller in Sept 2010. Previously, I'd had 2,167 grafts into the HT back in Sept 2007, but due to my naturally MEGA-FINE hair, I needed a 2nd op to really beef that hairline.

The transformation has been a profound/confusing time for me. Gradually, I've not been able to style my hair how I used to because of my hair thickening in different places (if that makes sense), but more tellingly, am finding times very recently when I can just let it hang naturally, and it can look awesome. And that is a FIRST for more than 10 years.

It can be hit and miss after I wash it (sometimes it looks fine and hard to style, other times it looks cool), but over the last few weeks I've started to get very excited and positive. I'm hopeful at 9months, there's still a bit of a way to go yet, and if it continues to thicken and progress how it has done recently, I should hopefully be very happy at the end of it. I'm not entirely sure how much more change you can expect after 9months (I can't remember from before, and it's hard to tell with my fine hair - but I know the finished result is usually at 18m).

Dr Feller has done a fab job, and I can't recommend him highly enough. It was a fantastic experience, both times, from start to finish, and his work is second to none.

Anyway, here's my 9 month pics - these are ALL taken right after washing, and left to dry naturally, and have not been touched.

I'd really like to hear your thoughts!

(here's a link to my previous pics http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160731-1-100-hairline-bulk-7-5month-update.html)

c1.jpg.9f747bfa32d32d773f8d5ebacabb3997.jpg

c11.jpg.65ff4beed97377fd608c8e1a265a9e28.jpg

c3.jpg.75782b3488ea9c3b174d41289e21ecad.jpg

c33.jpg.5e4e5781869e76e83e22db01eb7246ca.jpg

Edited by skinnyshaft

Your hair is too short i can see your scar ha ha. Nice one mate great to see happy patients.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

yeah, am pleased with the way it's progressing, and I want hair like Paul Banks from Interpol ;)

Still got a little bit of a way to go yet, but it's getting exciting. I'm guessing 9months is on average 70% of the finished result?

Should mention that I never had my temples/side bits touched up because we ran out of grafts. That's generally where my remaining problem lies, but as the rest of the hairline thickens, it does seem to be compensating for this increasingly more.

The problem comes in when I try to style it with lots of product. I do seem to change the goalposts each month as I see how better it looks when it's allowed to hang naturally.

Well, I'll probably report back at the 11months stage... :)

Exciting times!

and here's a pic with a little bit of wax and hairspray

first time for many years that i've been able to have a bit of fringe brushed down rather than swept to the side. Long may it continue!

a1.jpg.37e882457591a4122666892e7904ccc8.jpg

Edited by skinnyshaft