Are HT'S detectable?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if HT'S are really noticeable or is it a natural looking answer.

The reason I ask is that I recently spoke to someone who had fue and at the front of his hair line you could see small dots where the hair was coming out from. Does this fade with time?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I was wondering if HT'S are really noticeable or is it a natural looking answer.

The reason I ask is that I recently spoke to someone who had fue and at the front of his hair line you could see small dots where the hair was coming out from. Does this fade with time?

Thanks

With the technology available in the field of hair restoration the results should be virtually undetectable. Certainly some cases depending on the patients hair characteristics are more difficult than others. Some patients may require more procedures to achieve the same degree of undetectability as other patients get with a single surgery. Often the small dots you are describing do fade over time especially after the hairs start growing. In some patients additional grafting also helps that situation.

Certainly some cases depending on the patients hair characteristics are more difficult than others

Dr. Charles, can you elaborate on "hair characteristics" here?

I'm asian and have been told the HT Surgeons should pay close attention to the angle of the hair, since we asians have more course/thicker hair but at the same time, have less hair.

Thus a #3 buzz cut for asians, you can essentially see their scalp, but for caucasians a #3 buzz cut, the hair is flat so it's easier to hide.