young guy need an info please!

Hello everyone(again),

I'd like to ask you experienced ones some questions about ht procedure.

1- Based on my online consult with H&W, they told me to get more than 5000 grafts in one session. If someone could get more than 5000 in one pass, can someone estimate the remaining grafts?

2-Do scalp exercises work for above average laxities? Or after your first pass, can scalp excercises work for second/third procedures??

3- I know the scar length will be long with megasession but what about the width? I saw this thread yesterday http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/138344-1600-fue-grafts-%3E-beautiful-work-dr-keser.html ,(ps:my worst case scenario is what this guy have in his first photo, shaved head with the shade of hair, minimal scarring) check his after photos and strip scar, I think it's excellent! (by the way this guy recieved 3000 grafts)

4-For the scarring, is it wise to have megasessions or smaller ones in order to get the minimal scarring as possible?

5- In another online consult with Dr.Bisanga, he told me that I have app 1500 grafts for fue. Lets say I first go down with fut and use all laxity with 2-3 sessions, will I still have the option to use 1500 grafts for fue?

6- I was looking at the photos of Bill (Falceros) and his scar is sooo big and wide, also when he buzzes his head I noticed the redness in the recipent area. Could someone explain me that?

7- Does a ht result relates with a size of head? I mean smaller the head, less area to cover and better result?

8- What does the term "donor miniaturasion" mean?

Edited by azazelgs

We can't tell how many grafts you would have after this treatment because we haven't examined your donor supply. That information should be given to you during the consultation.

Scalp exercises work well for those who need extra elasticity in their donor area, it isn't needed unless your doctor believes it's necessary. Typically it's more useful for those doing 2nd or 3rd procedures as their scalp has tightened.

Typical scar width is about 1.2 cm could be a little larger depending on the size of the treatment. If you're doing 5000 grafts which is a lot to do in one treatment, it can be larger than that.

Your scar should heal properly if the size is appropriate to the characteristics of your skin. If their is a possibility that your skin can't handle that large of a treatment then you shouldn't have that size taken. That should all be factored into the decision on how many grafts you can safely get in one session, which I'm sure the doctor did.

You can still have FUE after other FUT treatments you may not have 1500 grafts available because we're not sure yet how many grafts in total you would have had transplanted.

Some people scar worse than others, that can be due to bad suturing, poor cleaning and care for the scar or keloids. This can be corrected in many cases by doing a scar revision, but if you go to a recommended surgeon this is not likely or expected to happen. It takes usually 6 months for the scar to heal properly and it will show a small, pencil thin scar, but there shouldn't be much redness once it's healed. Also I wouldn't suggest buzzing your hair down any shorter than a #3 on a razor setting as the scar can be noticeable if you shave shorter than that.

In some ways that can be true, but it all is relative. If you have enough donor supply than your results should come out great. It really depends on how much hair you've already lost, how many grafts you have available to you, your skin and hair quality and the expertise of the surgeon you choose.

Donor miniaturization is when your donor hairs are starting to thin similar to the hair on top of your head. This can be an issue with transplanting as you would have diffuse thinning all around your head and can limit the results. You may also be transplanting hair that may not survive or stay permanently because they may be miniaturizing. Check with your doctor if this is the case for you.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thehairupthere,

Thank you for your answers. I'm not rushing into a ht and try to make a wise decision ,thats why I'm asking a lot of questions:)

My plan is to get what I get with strip and I think 5000 grafts is not a bad way to go. I hope to go for 10k grafts in the long term , with strip and fue. If the results are not satisfactory, just buzz my hair.

So I believe I should look for scar revision processes. Can anyone inform me on that??

Most people don't have 10k grafts available, a more realistic number is about 6-8k. Scar reivisons would simply excise the old scar and give you a new smaller, thinner scar, but you'll still have one there, this would only be done if you have a thick, large scar. You also have the option of doing FUE into the scar which can minimize the noticeability of the scar.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians