compensation for pitting/cobblestoning?

mikey88

Hi all. I have had two hair transplants with the same doc. And i have been given the unkind gift of pitting/cobblestoning all over my recipient area. And i mean all over. It is only visible in bright/direct light. But this naturaly includes sun/daylight. And all kinds of "spot" lights etc. And my life is spent mostly in these kinds of lightning.

My question is: As far as I have understood pitting is due to bad work from the doc's side, so should I be able to get some kind of compensation for this? Free transplant, financial, anti pitting treatment, or anything like this? Or did he just fuck my scalp up for life without having to make up for it?

The result of the operations is not enough to hide the pitting, specially in the front. After close to 5000 grafts I am still almost just as thin as I was before the first operation, only difference is my hairline has been moved slightly forward. This may be because my hairs are extremely thin, but I still would expect more. I am close to out of donor hair, so there is not much hope for me to be able to cover it up with more grafts.

Sorry to hear your pitting and poor results. Who was your surgeon? Do you have any pics?

You should probably meet with your surgeon to discuss the situation. But you will probably not want to go to the same doctor for repair work. Ask for a refund and look else where in my opinion. No fun for sure I know.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group