My consultation

I just had a consultation in london the other week with harley street hair clinic.

i am 22 years old and have a high hairline now which is really bothering my day to day life and looking to get a solution.

I met a consultant there who stated that they would not operate at my age, not at least until i was 25, however i had a consultation with Vinci hair clinic who stated that they would be able to carry out a procedure of 2000 grafts in hairline to re-establish with dr rogers in uk. I do favout the hs hair clinic as they carry out follicular transfer as opposed to strip.

Just wandering what the general consensus on early transplants are for its all very well telling people to wait untill its gets worse however i really dont think i could cope with my hairline getting any worse. I understand the implications of having a transplant early.

Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Well this what i thought you only live once.

I understand that difference between females and males is that males are likely to loose more in future behind transplant unlike females.

Who carried out your procedure and was it fue/ fut?

Well this what i thought you only live once.

I understand that difference between females and males is that males are likely to loose more in future behind transplant unlike females.

Who carried out your procedure and was it fue/ fut?

what do you mean Well this what i thought you only live once. ?

i mean why did you say that?

i used fut

2hillpark:

In general, 22 years of age is a bit young for a hair transplant procedure, especially when considering lowering your hairline. The main reason has to do with the unnatural appearance which may develop over time as you lose further hair behind that hairline, as well as the lack of adequate supply available to completely and convincingly cover those balding areas in a natural looking fashion. I would recommend considering finasteride to help slow your loss.

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

I just had a consultation in london the other week with harley street hair clinic.

i am 22 years old and have a high hairline now which is really bothering my day to day life and looking to get a solution.

I met a consultant there who stated that they would not operate at my age, not at least until i was 25, however i had a consultation with Vinci hair clinic who stated that they would be able to carry out a procedure of 2000 grafts in hairline to re-establish with dr rogers in uk. I do favout the hs hair clinic as they carry out follicular transfer as opposed to strip.

Just wandering what the general consensus on early transplants are for its all very well telling people to wait untill its gets worse however i really dont think i could cope with my hairline getting any worse. I understand the implications of having a transplant early.

Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

I am quite impressed that the Harley Street clinic turned you down because of your age, maybe they are a reputable clinic unlike most in the UK. I can't wait to see Rooney's end result.

You say you have a high hairline? Is is natural or are you suffering from MPB? Are you on any hairloss medication? What is your family history of hairloss? Do you have any pictures to post?

In my opinion 22 yo is a bit young for a HT, especially one to lower your hairline. But you will get a more accurate answer if we have the information above.