Reaching Dr Rahal from Dublin

deppmode

Has anyone from Dublin used Dr Rahal?

If so can you tell me who you flew with and what the prices were?. Im between minds of going to either Feller or Rahal. I just cant decide between them but I know that Feller is much easier and cheaper to get to from Dublin. Flights to Ottawa to see Dr Rahal are much more expensive from Dublin plus most airlines don't even fly there direct, or every day.

I like both surgeons equally and I want to make the experience as easy as possible on myself, so having to make one or two connection flights to reach Dr Rahal is putting me off a little.

I know most of you would advise that travel or price should not come into the decision making, but, when you have narrowed it down to just two surgeons, what else can you do but consider travel price and convenience?

icon_confused.gif

Has anyone from Dublin used Dr Rahal?

If so can you tell me who you flew with and what the prices were?. Im between minds of going to either Feller or Rahal. I just cant decide between them but I know that Feller is much easier and cheaper to get to from Dublin. Flights to Ottawa to see Dr Rahal are much more expensive from Dublin plus most airlines don't even fly there direct, or every day.

I like both surgeons equally and I want to make the experience as easy as possible on myself, so having to make one or two connection flights to reach Dr Rahal is putting me off a little.

I know most of you would advise that travel or price should not come into the decision making, but, when you have narrowed it down to just two surgeons, what else can you do but consider travel price and convenience?

icon_confused.gif

Deppmode

You can easily reach Ottawa with a connection in London. We do offer a travel discount for our out of town patients.

You can email me your info to (Adrian@rahalhairtransplant.com) and I will be happy to have one of our patients from Ireland contact you.

Cheers!

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hey depp

My name Richie and I'm also from the UK ,

your absolutly right , eventually cost and travel have to become part of the equation , and I can see your dilema .

I did exactly the same thing , with the same top two surgeons , after my consult with both , I contacted Dr Rahal , unfortunitly he couldn't manage my dates and his prices had recently gone up , this made my desision easier , Adrian did later contact me to re-arrange my dates , but I had booked with Dr Feller by then .

After speaking with spex and Dr Feller's secretary , I found Dr Feller could work my dates and even offered to re-organise around my flights , at this time the exchange rate was also more favourable so it worked out a little cheaper .

New York was also a big plus point , like Hairdoyle said " New York is so cool " , my girlfriend would be comming with me so I combined my surgery with a short holiday in the Big Apple .

So , for me , Dr Feller was still one of the best , cheaper , easier to get to , willing to accomedate my dates and had the added attraction of being in New York .

Good luck with your choice and I hope that helps bud

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Its great for people from as far as Dublin to recognize the need to to fly to a fine surgeon like Rahal.

Im a huge fan of his work.

Good luck and its nice to see they offer travel reimbursement.

It kills me when I see a guy go to an average local doc because he doesnt want to pay for flight.

• 1 month later...

Hi deppmode,

Sorry for the late reply, only just seen your post. To confirm, you can reach Ottawa with one change at Heathrow, really easy. The airport in Ottawa is really close to the city centre as well. If you have any questions just ask.

Originally posted by richie48:

So , for me , Dr Feller was still one of the best , cheaper ,

Hi richie,

The exchange rate is a bit different now to 2007. Here's a quick comparison for a 3000 graft session between Rahal and Feller;

Rahal

6107 GBP

6762 EURO

8979 USD

Feller

7991 GBP

8849 EURO

11750 USD

Dia Dhuit

Hi Deppmode, I'm from Ireland and had my HT yesterday in Manchester with Farjos. I think Feller seems to be the guy everyone goes across the pond to see, Shappiro also does nice work. I weighed up all these options but decided to stay at home. I am very pleased with my experience and will upload photos in the next few days.

If you want any tips Spex is the man, but the guys on this forum are great and only too willing to steer you right.

Slainte